+1,310

Opening up a new tab and forgetting what site you want to go to is the new version of walking into a room and forgetting what you were going to get, amirite?

Marys avatar Internet & Apps
61 25
The voters have decided that Mary is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

That never happens to me. I never open new tabs. I own 4 computers, 2 are always on amirite and 2 are on icanhascheezburger. I only use 1 of each set at a time, the other 2 are just backups in case the first 2 break down. I spend 20/24 hours on icanhascheezburger, surfing lolcats. And squeeing. I spend 4/24 hours on amirite. I do not sleep. I have a servant that fills an IV which is constantly feeding me energy shots intravenously. Every 8 hours, my servant hooks up a nutrition formula so I don't have to eat. I also have a catheter and a chamber pot built into my chair to eliminate the need for bathroom breaks. My servant cleans those out after every use. I haven't seen the sky in 7 years. Unless you count my desktop wallpaper http://ctrlv.in/93008

@Favvkes That never happens to me. I never open new tabs. I own 4 computers, 2 are always on amirite and 2 are on...

I live completely off the grid. I have a basement full of slaves running on treadmills to keep the power going at all times. If they mutiny, I have an emergency backup generator that will last for 5 hours until I can enslave more people.

open tab
stare at new tab
close tab

Repeat several times throughout your browsing session.

I have to go back to the last tab and try to repeat what I was doing before, just like I would have to go back to the last room and retrace my steps. All in hope that I'll remember, but it only works sometimes.

SkylarOctaviouss avatar SkylarOctavious Yeah You Are +27Reply
@SkylarOctavious I have to go back to the last tab and try to repeat what I was doing before, just like I would have to go back to...

I do the same thing and it actually usually ends up working, even if the things were only barely related

Marys avatar Mary Yeah You Are +10Reply

And typing in "pornhub" and jizzing before you hit enter is the new premature ejaculation.

I hate that lost and confused feeling when that happens. Lol

iceeselenawizs avatar iceeselenawiz Yeah You Are +16Reply
@iceeselenawiz I hate that lost and confused feeling when that happens. Lol

That has to be the most stereotypical teenage girl response to something that I have ever seen, ever. It includes an omg, repeating letters at the end, and as a finishing touch, the omission of a needed apostrophe. It was posted by "That Crazy Girl", which is funny in itself because most stereotypical teenage girls will refer to themselves as "crazy". Well done, would read again, 10/10.

KirstenAnns avatar KirstenAnn Yeah You Are +5Reply

Usually if I forget, I just go to a site I visit a lot hoping that was what I wanted. That's why I end up with 4 amirite tabs 2 youtubes and an explosm.

Skr3wBalls avatar Skr3wBall Yeah You Are +16Reply

Or when you go to Google and get distracted by the design and forget what you were gonna search for

kay_nic1695s avatar kay_nic1695 Yeah You Are +14Reply

They should figure out what causes it. The forgetting why you walked into a room has been figured out and has to do with walking through the doorway.

@ScottyD They should figure out what causes it. The forgetting why you walked into a room has been figured out and has to do...

http://newsinfo.nd.edu/news/274...esearch-shows/

“Entering or exiting through a doorway serves as an ‘event boundary’ in the mind, which separates episodes of activity and files them away,” Radvansky explains.

“Recalling the decision or activity that was made in a different room is difficult because it has been compartmentalized.”

ScottyD I think it has something to do with short term memory. Your short term memory can only hold so much info at a time. Basically anything on your conscious mind at any moment is being held in short term memory. If you're not active with the thought it can fade, decay, face interference, or be repressed.

SkylarOctaviouss avatar SkylarOctavious Yeah You Are +3Reply

Our whole world has been molded to the standards of tech.

speckleasmes avatar speckleasme Yeah You Are +2Reply
Anonymous