+36

The letter "c" shouldn't really be in the alphabet, the sounds from it either come from k or s...so we could really just get rid of it, and it wouldn't make much of a difference, amirite?

SavreetCs avatar Books
1 45
The voters have decided that SavreetC is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

But then how would we make the "ch" sound?

@jasmineee123 But then how would we make the "ch" sound?

More importantly, how do why shorthand "see?" The whole Internet will collapse!

@1061041

A combination of autocorrect and my absent-minded behavior.

Exactly. Without c we couldn't say Chauncy choked chewing on chum.

Laprass avatar Lapras No Way +10Reply

We have "ph" mean f, why can't "kh" mean that

@Prosopagnosia Because "kh" just looks WEIRD.

So does your moms vag but that's still being used

@Im_so_bored_so_bye We have "ph" mean f, why can't "kh" mean that

"Kh" is actually already used in some languages to make a sound that.. well it's not used in English. But what I mean to say is that "kh" is already called for. Sorry.

"Why do Pirates take so long to learn the alphabet? Bekause they spend years at K"... it's just not the same.

I am sick of seeing this post.

@Truuninja I am sick of seeing this post.

*I am sikk of seeing this post.

sansas avatar sansa No Way +42Reply
@1060867

Wouldn't it be KFK?

Hairyleos avatar Hairyleo Yeah You Are +7Reply
@Hairyleo Wouldn't it be KFK?

No because the C stands for Chicken and we already agreed we can't replace the ch with the kh since it's already used in other languages like Arabic and German and Hebrew.

This krappy post deserves a fasepalm.

But "Klaire" looks so ugly.
also i wouldn't be able to go c:

Go to Japan and leave the alphabet alone!

Put me in koakh/koash! Just give me a khanse/shanse!

Unicornss avatar Unicorns No Way +11Reply
@Unicorns Put me in koakh/koash! Just give me a khanse/shanse!

"sh" had been taken. "kh" is used for the German hard sound like in Bach (well, it's usually "ch" but "kh" is used fairly often as well).

It would kind of make a differense

My name is Chelsea. I think c is pretty important.

What will the grammar nazic do without it? Thinc about it, geez! I don't underctand you...

Alexuss avatar Alexus No Way +8Reply

Lets face it. We can't change the alphabet. The letters are to ingrained in our language to change it.

Tangletalons avatar Tangletalon Yeah You Are +5Reply

And learning your abd's just doesn't have the same ring to it...

Basically, we should use the (Ancient) Greek alphabet. It wins.

Didn't look through the comments, so I don't know if this has already been posted.. but..
Wouldn't it be a little weird to type/write/read "conceited" as "konseited" or... "concepts" as "konsepts"? I think so.

And actually, in things like "itch" the letter C is very important. You can't put an S or K there.

My grade in algebra is now a k. My favorite drink is hi-see. Kheese is my favorite food. And my favorite game is shrades.

If any letter is useless, it's x. The only reason it's there is because a similar symbol was in several of the languages English originated from, it's not like we need a letter that really can be, in every situation that it's used, replaced by a different letter or combination of letters.

@If any letter is useless, it's x. The only reason it's there is because a similar symbol was in several of the...

But X is soooo cool looking. And how would you spell X-MEN or X-Factor or X-ray? because ecks-ray is not the same.

and extra would become something like ekstra or eckstra...it looks weird/lame

Instead of getting rid of letters, we can also add more. Like a new letter for all the sounds we have to use to letters to write...

K is the one that we should get rid of. It can always be replaced by a C, or just ommited completely, like in knife, amirite?

@i_love_you_and_tacos My name is Kinsey. I think the letter k is pretty dang important.

1. Everyone
thinks a letter is important because it is in their name. I am Charlie. The difference is that Kinsey and Cinsey could sound the same, but you couldn't have a Kharlie. That just looks like Karly, which I am not
Also, what sort of name is Kinsey? Is that short for Mckinsy? Or something like that? Or is it just some foreign name?

@Waffles321 1. Everyone thinks a letter is important because it is in their name. I am Charlie. The difference is that Kinsey...

1. Cinsey looks weird, and people would pronounce it "Sinsey," which sounds weird, too.
2. It's an old English name meaning victorious royalty, it could be short for McKinsey but it isn't, it's just Kinsey.

ya just kall me klaire then

@Graverotti ya just kall me klaire then

My friends call me Klaire...

@1061343

Well, half of the time they pronounce it "Kay-laire."

iets uit de engelse taal heeft geen zin? wat belachelijk!