+187

As horrible as it is, giving sick people drugs to help them live with their illness is weakening the human race. Letting them die would speed up the process of natural selection a eventually make the human race immune to the disease, amirite?

7 35

Most people who are really sick and shouldn't be adding to the gene pool, aren't going to be having kids anyway...

I have an idea, how about we let you become ill with a disease, and then when you are dying we ask you if you still agree with that theory. If you do still agree, we let you die and ignore your theory then go off to help others.

lol there IS NO natural selection for humans anymore.
This thing called "tax" and "civilization" killed the will for people to fight to the death for cookie crumbs : /

@TalkingRice lol there IS NO natural selection for humans anymore. This thing called "tax" and "civilization" killed the will...

D: IKR! Every other species in the entire world has natural selections, but here, the dummies can get wounded nearly to death and fixed right up in the next couple of days! They don't even have to think of anything to have comfort - the geniuses have already shared everything with everybody.
Humans are just too nice.

Nacklefoodles avatar Nacklefoodle Yeah You Are -5Reply
@Nacklefoodle D: IKR! Every other species in the entire world has natural selections, but here, the dummies can get wounded...

I hope you die in an accident, then nature will have done its job eliminating one dummy that can't get fixed up.

@I hope you die in an accident, then nature will have done its job eliminating one dummy that can't get fixed up.

I'd probably have already died/never been born if natural selection was working properly. I mean, all humans now would be pure geniuses! Einstein and Mozart could have babies who would be even more talented than either of the two! Just think about how healthy the Earth would be, and how much less of all this harm would exist -- it's all because the smart guys can't explain to the dummies what to do exactly or convince them to do it.

Nacklefoodles avatar Nacklefoodle Yeah You Are +4Reply
@Nacklefoodle I'd probably have already died/never been born if natural selection was working properly. I mean, all humans now...

i forgot that the ability to compose music was genetic. if only i listened in biology like you did...
also you're assuming that those two were capable of reproducing...

@i forgot that the ability to compose music was genetic. if only i listened in biology like you did... also you're...

Mozart didn't have the random magical ability to compose music, he was a genius and that led to him being able to compose music. Also, see #1036688. Also, if the world was all-genius I doubt they'd still be unable to make babies from two males.

Nacklefoodles avatar Nacklefoodle Yeah You Are +5Reply
@TalkingRice ...idk man being wounded doesn't sound comfortable

But they're not forced to be wounded -- that's the thing! They're fixed back to comfort as soon as physically possible.

Nacklefoodles avatar Nacklefoodle Yeah You Are +2Reply
@Nacklefoodle But they're not forced to be wounded -- that's the thing! They're fixed back to comfort as soon as physically possible.

k, I read it wrongI thought you said that they deny the pleasures of being wounded.
I was just there thinking masochism?....

Good thing it'll never happen.

@Daemoine Good thing it'll never happen.

How is it good that natural selection will never properly apply to humans in the way that it does/did to other animals?

I know it probably sounds bad or cruel in some way to say that people should just be let die, but everyone dies in the end anyway, and if they're not adding helpful genes to the species, what's the point?

Rainbow35s avatar Rainbow35 Yeah You Are -6Reply
Rainbow35s avatar Rainbow35 Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Rainbow35 How is it good that natural selection will never properly apply to humans in the way that it does/did to other...

I disagree because we are not animals. Natural selection still occurs to some extent, but negative eugenics is cruel. The only eugenics I think isn't borderline hitler is positive eugenics, so go endorse that instead.

@Rainbow35 Technically, humans are animals.

I would explain what I meant by that, but I think you understand what I was trying to say.

THE BLACK PLAGUE SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED

Exactly why they should stop finding a cure for cancer.

Canadian_Ninjas avatar Canadian_Ninja Yeah You Are +5Reply
@Canadian_Ninja Exactly why they should stop finding a cure for cancer.

It's the only thing keeping our population from exploding thus eventually exhausting all of our natural resources

Yeah, right, with that kind of logic, we should pobably kill handicaped people, so we make sure they won't breed... Oh wait, someone tried once? The guy was named Hitler, I don't know if you heard of him... It's a shame that such a eugenistic post's score is positive.

@Yeah, right, with that kind of logic, we should pobably kill handicaped people, so we make sure they won't breed...

The difference with Hitler though, is that he painfully and cruelly killed absolutely anyone that he didn't deem "perfect".
I don't entirely disagree with the idea of not allowing sick/handicapped people to breed, although it does sound kind of cruel when put like that, but it could be done in such a way that there was no cruelty involved, like building some kind of massive hospital-place, and making it really nice to live in, and just keep all the genetically sick people there for the rest of their lives.

Rainbow35s avatar Rainbow35 Yeah You Are -2Reply
@Rainbow35 The difference with Hitler though, is that he painfully and cruelly killed absolutely anyone that he didn't deem...

Thus denying the equality between men...
All men are equal, but the sane ones are more equal than the others.

@Thus denying the equality between men... All men are equal, but the sane ones are more equal than the others.

I get what you're saying, but in a long-term sort of way, wouldn't it be better if the gene pool had improved so that nobody was sick or handicapped, assuming that's possible?

Rainbow35s avatar Rainbow35 Yeah You Are -1Reply

Y'all are taking this post waaayyy too seriously.

Bee tee dubs, no species can become immune to disease.

Apparently a lot of you slept through middle school biology...listen up, children. Natural selection works like this: the ones with the best genes have the most sex. The ones with the worst genes have the least sex. In this way, the ones with the best genes have children, passing on their good genes to the next generation, while the ones with the bad genes do not have children, so their bad genes do not get passed on and die with them. It does not matter when the people with the bad genes die, so long as they don't pass their bad genes on to the next generation. If you need drugs to keep you alive you are definitely not going to have kids. Natural selection has already done what it can with these people.

natural selection is still occurring, however humans have developed technology that can mend sever/life threatening problems.
also animals tend to their wounds. if a dog gets a cut it tends to the wound by cleaning it with its mouth.

@1036936

Cool story bro

@1036936

THIS post has WAY too much emphasis on the words that the commentor think is important.

IF you were SMART ENOUGH to read the ENTIRE POST, you would NOTICE that at the beginning there are the words AS HORRIBLE AS IT IS. This IMPLIES that THOUGH the OP POSTED it, they DO NOT AGREE with the fact that HUMAN LIFE would be LOST. Dumb ASS.

NiceBoulders avatar NiceBoulder Yeah You Are +1Reply
@1036936

It's not a specific people and feelings type of post. It's an in general, long-term, detached type of post. Your point of view and the one in the post are different.

Not to mention it's one of the reasons we're over populated. Even nature is having a hard time keeping our population low.