+181

It's ridiculous that people are saying Sarah Palin "can't be held responsible" for a "deranged individual" taking her map with the gun icons seriously, while these are the same people that blame the artist any time someone watches/listens to something and then does something stupid- as if they should have more social responsibility than a politician, amirite?

Black_No_1s avatar
4 14
The voters have decided that Black_No_1 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

wait what happened? could someone paraphrase it for the village idiot please?

Everyone should have more sense than Sarah Palin.

inb4 massive comment war

SpearmintMilk is correct as usual... I'm not saying Palin is actually to blame, only that the people who are defending her now are the same ones that say rock, rap, and GTA are responsible for the downfall of society. It's absolutely hypocritical to hold artists to a higher social standard than public servants, and that was my point.

Black_No_1s avatar Black_No_1 Yeah You Are +2Reply

Lol, read the whole post people, not just the first line. It doesn't say "Sarah Palin should be held responsible, amirite?" it says that people who say that a politician shouldn't be held responsible for what they do/say impact people, yet on the same breath blame musicians for the same thing are hypocritical.

Simons avatar Simon Yeah You Are +2Reply

I don't believe Sarah Palin should be blamed. I am also not someone who blames artists eveytime an individual goes nuts.

I believe people are responsible for their own actions.
And by that, I mean Sarah Palin didn't mean for her poster to be taken seriously, just like artists aren't responsible if people follow their pictures.

@Katffro I believe people are responsible for their own actions. And by that, I mean Sarah Palin didn't mean for her poster...

Even if she didn't mean for her poster to be taken seriously, she still left the door open for something violent to happen du to it.

Even she admitted that her poster was "too much", when she took it down herself.

@Even if she didn't mean for her poster to be taken seriously, she still left the door open for something violent to...

If the poster I'm thinking of is the one you're thinking of, I don't think it was too bad.
Even if it WAS, she shouldn't be held responsible. Should the creators of Call of Duty be sued/penalized if people start buying war guns and shooting people?

@Katffro If the poster I'm thinking of is the one you're thinking of, I don't think it was too bad. Even if it WAS, she...

I never said she should be held responsible, but it would be simply stupid to say that her poster was completely innocent.

In response to your bottom, i don't think the creators should be penalized, I never said they,or Palin should (so I don't know why you are mentioning it) But it's known that the creators of shooters games like it, have been known to incite violence among teens.

@I never said she should be held responsible, but it would be simply stupid to say that her poster was completely...

Lo siento, misinterpreted your post.

And I guess you're right. The poster wasn't completely innocent.

Here's a novel idea blame the people that do the stupid things not random other people don't blame Sarah Palin for using a symbol that resembles cross-hairs (even though it isn't) and don't blame artists for creating things that contain violence. People need to stop passing the blame and take some freaking responsibility for their own actions.

@SpearmintMilk The post is just saying that those people are hypocritical.

Sorry about kinda getting on a tangent. My statement about the fact that they were not gun cross-hairs stands though they were the U.S. Geological Society marker. I get kinda hissy when people don't do their research.