+111

Freedom of speech isn't always true, when your a kid. You say one thing wrong and then can get yelled at by parents! If you say I have the right to say that, though because I have freedom of speech, then you get a lecture saying how there are limitations to every household, amirite?

lala_zitas avatar
3 11
The voters have decided that lala_zita is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Freedom of speech doesn't give you freedom from the consequences of whatever you said.

*you're

And you have the freedom to say whatever the hell you want, just like your parents have the freedom to yell at you for saying that.

@mchalla3 Technically they're restricting your right.

Freedom of speech is a legal thing. It's not a universal thing that means you can say whatever the hell you want and there will be zero consequences. It just means that you can say bad things about the president, for example, and it's okay. You have that right by law and no one with legal authority can stop you and shut you up. Saying things your parents don't like is a different story and they'll yell at you for it. Learn the difference.

@brunetterox915 Freedom of speech is a legal thing. It's not a universal thing that means you can say whatever the hell you want...

I'm sorry, I wasn't very clear. I meant that you wouldn't say something rude, you would just say something that was harmless, like a seven year old saying shut up, and his parents yelling at him for that. Speaking of which, is that legal?

mchalla3s avatar mchalla3 Yeah You Are -2Reply
@mchalla3 I'm sorry, I wasn't very clear. I meant that you wouldn't say something rude, you would just say something that was...

Is yelling at your kid legal? Fuck yeah it is. And "shut up" is considered a rude term.

@1674856

According to everybody on this website, every 00's kid, myself included, are pampered sluts and douches who are brats.

I meant saying shut up in front of them, not necessarily to them. I'm debating the losing side, so I guess I'll stop commenting now.

mchalla3s avatar mchalla3 Yeah You Are 0Reply

technically you are not fully protected by the constitution until you are legally an adult, until then your rights are extended to you under your parents.

just because something is legal doesn't mean it isn't against the rules

sure you can legally say anything, but if your parents are in charge you have to listen or get in trouble

you can legally not clean your room even if your parents tell you too and still get in trouble by them
you know?

My mom used to make things simple by saying I had no rights in her house. Be christian or gtfo. Be straight or gtfo. Share her opinions or gtfo.
It's just the way life is as a child.

You have free speech, but so do your parents. You can voice your opinions, and they can voice their opinions about your opinions.