+301

Braces suck. I know, I know, I'll be grateful when I get them off, but for now, it's child abuse. Amirite?

avpmforthewins avatar
4 34
The voters have decided that avpmforthewin is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.
@1241444

Isn't that permanent? God I would cry for days if that happened to me.

@1241444

do you mean they have white spots where the braces where because they let their teeth get yellow?

@1241728

Oh dang, what causes this, just not brushing?

@1242174

I'm getting braces soon :O but this won't happen to me because I brush 3 times a day right after I eat, right?

@1241444

I have the white spots :(

Paigeperkkks avatar Paigeperkkk Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Paigeperkkk I have the white spots :(

I don't really have those. But it happens to pretty much everyone and can be fixed.

My retainer is almost worse than my braces. At first I had that clear plastic one, which I wore at night and was really comfortable. But then my orthodontist said I should switch to this thick one with medieval-torture-device-looking wires that fit around my teeth. It presses on my tongue and makes me lisp and the top flies out if I sneeze. God, I hate that thing!

FlyingGuineaPigs avatar FlyingGuineaPig Yeah You Are +8Reply
@FlyingGuineaPig My retainer is almost worse than my braces. At first I had that clear plastic one, which I wore at night and was...

Also, a story I feel like sharing.
I had those rubber bands that you hook onto the back of your braces. I was supposed to take them out when I ate, but one night I was eating at a friend's house and didn't want to reach into my mouth at the table, so I left them in and figured it'd be fine.
After the meal I realized they were both gone. I'd eaten them.

FlyingGuineaPigs avatar FlyingGuineaPig Yeah You Are +12Reply

The plastic ones are so gross! I got those at first, and I had to get the kind with the metal a couple months later because the plastic just... retain spit.

However, I don't even wear my retainer. I maybe put it in once every two months, and it still fits. :D

Have you ever had that head-gear thing, that goes on your teeth but also wraps around your head? It's so gross, it makes you drool and... ick

1 more year... I can do this...

I read this as bras, I was wondering why some people were taking them off after a few weeks...

I got them off two months ago. I would say that it definitely wasn't worth it.

Big_Bosss avatar Big_Boss Yeah You Are +1Reply

STORY OF MY LIFE. i only have less than three weeks to go though (:

@Mad_D 2 years :'(

indefinite amount of time. i win.

Wait until you get your wisdom teeth out =[ =[ i miss fooooddd =[

@Wait until you get your wisdom teeth out =[ =[ i miss fooooddd =[

(Your+name+(optional)): Getting my wisdom teeth out was no big deal. They pumped me so full of drugs that I didn't feel anything for at least a week.

@1241447

.@1241447 (SOFTBALL8): Yeah? Try it without drugs. Fuck off.

I just got mine off after having them for almost 5 years ;)

I don't think providing you an optional service in exchange for money could possibly be considered child abuse anywhere.

If only you lived in Britain....