+388

It must suck to publish a book and have a bunch of people saying "dis book suckz" at it. They probably spent atleast a year (or more) writing it and looking for a publishing company, amirite?

Books
4 19

i like how you spelled Meyer's name wrong

I'm very anti-Twilight and I still caught the misspellings in her name.

But then again, ANY popular book is going to get plenty of negativity hurled its way.

As if any of the people insulting it could write anything better.

Kaitlyns avatar Kaitlyn Yeah You Are +2Reply

They probably spent about ten years writing and being rejected for other books, too.
Smeyer finished pretty quickly, though, and she also has people who worship her as a goddess of literature.

Rajs avatar Raj Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Raj They probably spent about ten years writing and being rejected for other books, too. Smeyer finished pretty...

Thankfully, she seems to be more infamous than famous though.Ugh. Why anyone would actually argue that it's quality literature, let alone a good love story?

@Raj I know!! Then again, though, Stephen King wrote one of his books in a week.

That sounds like a total lie. I don't read Stephen King, so I wouldn't know what book it is or how it is compared to his other stuff, so I can't say if it's any good.
I've heard of cases where they say they were written in only a month or a week for publicity or something.
Then again, it IS Stephen King so...

@fangirl12 That sounds like a total lie. I don't read Stephen King, so I wouldn't know what book it is or how it is compared...

In Stephen King's memoir On Writing, he says that he wrote one of his books in a week. My cousin writes; if an author gets a really great idea, they can easily finish in a week, especially if that's all they do for a living.

Rajs avatar Raj Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Raj In Stephen King's memoir On Writing, he says that he wrote one of his books in a week. My cousin writes; if an...

@1028771 (Raj): I wrote an 85 page novel for a writing class I take. I was supposed to write a minimum of 10. If you can really get into the story, the pages just fly by as you type.

at least a year or more

It takes most authors several years to write a good book, not just one year.

@fangirl12 It takes most authors several years to write a good book, not just one year.

It doesn't actually. It takes that long for the editing process, but good authors finish books fairly quickly. Even bad ones, in fact.

Rajs avatar Raj Yeah You Are -1Reply
@Raj It doesn't actually. It takes that long for the editing process, but good authors finish books fairly quickly. Even...

But the editing is part of the writing proccess. When an editor asks them to take soemthing out, add something, or they themselves just want to change a few things, it take a lot of writing.
I've heard authors don't ever want to stop writing their stories because they never feel completely satisfied with their work, so the only reason they actually stop is because they have editing deadlines in the first place.

The bad ones are the ones written in short periods of time.

I liked this post until I saw the name. I don't like Twilight. And then I realized her name was spelled wrong and liked the post again.

I think people unreasonably criticize twilight. Its a good book. Idk what everyone hates about it

@I think people unreasonably criticize twilight. Its a good book. Idk what everyone hates about it

Good going. By writing "Idk" you sound like a stupid squealy fangirl. You just gave the rest of us fans a bad name.