+572

It may seem cruel that Chinese people eat cats and dogs, but Hindus think we're just as cruel for eating cows; it's only a matter of perspective, amirite?

Voldemorts_Nieces avatar Food & Drink
3 6
The voters have decided that Voldemorts_Niece is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

a) it all depends on history. Had the world domesticated... say... alligators as opposed to cats and dogs, the world would see eating cats and dogs as a perfectly regular thing.
b) the funny thing is, I get ridiculed for saying I'd at least try cat or dog meat if I was offered it, during a trip overseas.

That's being stereotypical by saying that Chinese people eat cats and dogs. That's just like saying all Black people smoke weed...no, it just doesn't work that way.

@That's being stereotypical by saying that Chinese people eat cats and dogs. That's just like saying all Black...

The thing is, I never said all Chinese people did. It's just a fact that some of them do, I wasn't trying to be stereotypical.

I'm chinese and i think eating cats and dogs is terrible

Hindus don't think it's cruelty; it's just that we regard cows as sacred animals. I know a lot of Hindus who eat beef though.

i'm a vegetarian, so i don't have the problem :)