+354

It's ironic that a guy invented the modern tampon, amirite?

TheycallmeStans avatar Internet & Apps
2 17
The voters have decided that TheycallmeStan is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

How'd he explain what it was for and how it was used without sounding perverted?

@FlyingGuineaPig How'd he explain what it was for and how it was used without sounding perverted?

Maybe he just gave them to his wife/girlfriend and let her guess? :P

Rainbow35s avatar Rainbow35 Yeah You Are +8Reply

My grandfather invented drugstores prengnancy test (cool story).

Babytards avatar Babytard Yeah You Are +17Reply

I don't think that's irony, here's why: The guy probably was sick of dealing with his wife when she was on her period, making it not unreasonable or necessarily unexpected for him to do something about it. Irony, in plain terms, is when something happens that is the opposite of what's expected. Correct me if you disagree it's something I often find confusing.

Yadayedas avatar Yadayeda No Way +13Reply
@Yadayeda I don't think that's irony, here's why: The guy probably was sick of dealing with his wife when she was on her...

No it is Ironic, especially considering he just wanted something he could mass produce and make money off. You would expect a female to invent a product that only females use.

Well many people probably assume that the tampon was invented by a woman considering men don't like to even hear the word tampon. A man invented it; the opposite of what the expected happened. Bingo bango bongo... Irony.

I'd imagine he was a nerd and never had to deal with a woman's cycle. One day, he found himself a girlfriend, and she happened to be on her period.

"Sorry, we can't have sex."
"Why not?"
"I'm on my period."
"What's that?"
explains
"Bitch, that's gross."
*Desgins tampon"
"Plug that shit up."

o.b. tampons were designed by a female gynaecologist.

modern? what was the ancient one?

@i_am_boreeeed modern? what was the ancient one?

I know in ancient Egypt they used to wad up cotton and wrap it in some sort of leaf and use that. That sounds exceedingly uncomfortable.

Why is this under "internet?"

Guys invented nearly everything. Even some female products.