+532

If they postponed school till like 9 o'clock everyday everyone would be so much more awake and attendance would go up, amirite. amirite?

AshleyKunkles avatar Education
4 31
The voters have decided that AshleyKunkle is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

We have 9am starts in England. It doesn't help stuff, really.

Sinners avatar Sinner No Way +10Reply
@Sinner We have 9am starts in England. It doesn't help stuff, really.

I'm in England but all the schools I know start at 8am, what school starts at 9? I think I might move there!

My school starts around 9. Even then, people are not awake in the mornings.

I'm from Australia and school goes from 9am-3pm everyday anyway :)

This is funny because I live in Australia and we have 9AM starts. Most of us say we wish school started at 11 and went to like 5 lol.

kristymayks avatar kristymayk Yeah You Are +4Reply

11 o'clock*

7-2:00 suckssss and no one's awake until 9

Toronto has 9-315 every day, it really hasn't improved the attendance rate at all

See, when I was in high school, I would have agreed with this, and there is something to be said for not interrupting the natural rhythms of your body. However, now I am in college, my first class starts at 9:15, and it makes no difference whatsoever. It was nice for the first week or so but then I adjusted.

My school is from 7-3 its like hell

AshleyKunkles avatar AshleyKunkle Yeah You Are +1Reply

My high school went from 09:00 - 15:45. I don't think it makes much difference.

My high school went from 9-3... and believe me, people still didn't show up in the morning.

Normally my school goes from 8:30-3:00 but on wednesdays it goes from 9:30-3:00 and we have shorter classes

My middle school went from 9:45-4, and no one was awake then. We were more awake in high school when we went from 7:15-1:45.

My school goes from 8:50-3:45...I'd almost rather wake up earlier so I could get home earlier.

7:50 to 3:43.
Such a long day, but we have longer days and don't go to school on Fridays. (:

@AntiJokeChicken Really? You finish at 3:43? Like seriously... :43?

Yes. :43.
If I knew why it was such an irregular minute, I'd tell you, but I have no idea. :

@994999

I'm pretty sure no one cares...

If school started at 9, everyone would just complain and want it to start even later. :P

I start school at 10:03 ..

My high school was 7:45-3:15 but once a month we'd have "late arrival" where we'd start at 8:54 (weird time, I know) and it didn't really make a difference. Either you stayed up later since you didn't have to start as early, or you went out to breakfast/coffee with your friends so you woke up at the same time anyway.

My school (in New Zealand) is from 9-3.15, and if you're used to having to get to school at that time then it's still hard to wake up in time.

I wish I started at like 6am. Then I would have my whole afternoon to do stuff.

I start at 8:30 btw.

My school starts at 9, yet attendance is still shit. Now, starting at 11, that might be captivating.

i start and 1:50 and finish at 3:45 and i am still tired