-431

Heyo is the proper pronounciation of hello, because in spanish ll is pronounced y. amirite?

mark_s avatar
2 51
The voters have decided that mark_ is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I want to have the millionth comment so frickin' bad

mark_s avatar mark_ Yeah You Are +256Reply
@mark_ I want to have the millionth comment so frickin' bad

I want to delete your comment so bad. But I will spare your soul this time, mortal.

@Rocky I want to delete your comment so bad. But I will spare your soul this time, mortal.

C'mon it's such a waste... wouldn't you rather have no millionth comment rather than that?

@1000112

No, Tia did it.

Pretty lame post and comment you got it on, though.

Except the word "hello" is in English, so pronouncing it hello is correct.

except in Spanish, the letter "h" is silent. so it would actually be "eyo"

Actually, if we're talking about Spanish pronunciation, the correct way would be "hola."

Retoosers avatar Retooser No Way +17Reply

The millionth comment wouldn't have been so bad if you had continued your sentence and made a whole song about wanting the millionth comment, all to the music of bruno mars' billionaire.

Solely home paged because of the comment.

This is my formal apology for such an awful post and comment

mark_s avatar mark_ Yeah You Are +10Reply
@wobbuffet Delete it then. =p

how? can't you only do that in the first 5mins. oh nvm, I could delete the comment but that would be unsatisfying

mark_s avatar mark_ Yeah You Are +1Reply
@mark_ how? can't you only do that in the first 5mins. oh nvm, I could delete the comment but that would be unsatisfying

Yeah I meant the comment. If you're soo apologetic about it... =p

I actually like it though so I don't think you should delete it.

Likewise, the Japanese correctly pronounce it as "herro."

I THROW MY HANDS UP IN THE AIR SOMETIMES, SAYING "HELLO, Jameson residence."

right because hello is definitely a spanish word

Yes, but this is English, not Spanish.

um, yeah. if you're spanish.

Trollers gonna troll. ^-^

This would be true if, you know, the word hello was a Spanish word. Which it isn't.

wow Anthony, still banned!
you are such a faggot

If I were to delete the comment, who would be happy? Serious Q.

mark_s avatar mark_ Yeah You Are 0Reply
@mark_ If I were to delete the comment, who would be happy? Serious Q.

No don't delete it, it's pretty lame comment on a pretty lame post :P but it's still special.

Ummmmmmm... Yeah if your spanish

It's actually pronounced j so we would say hejo, but we are not spanish, and hello is not a spanish word.

@It's actually pronounced j so we would say hejo, but we are not spanish, and hello is not a spanish word.

Depends. Castillian Spanish pronounces 'll' more like a 'j,' but some South American dialects pronounce it more like a 'y.' Also, you neglected to mention that the 'h' would be silent...

Im @1009467 (Anonymous): Why would it be pronounced J? double l is Y in spanish. I learned from my spanish class.

mark_s avatar mark_ Yeah You Are 0Reply

Um, J in Spanish is pronounced like H in English, and LL ("EH-yay") is pronounced like Y (or sometimes like "lli" in million). Hence, llamas = YAH-mas, calle = CAI-yay, and amarillo = ah-mar-EE-yo.

welcome to america

@annehunter welcome to america

This is an international site. So welcome to the Earth.

@annehunter my mistake. didn't mean to offend

You didn't offend me. I'm from the US. Just the creator of this website is from across the pond.