+351

I should be hanging out with friends, kissing girls and loving life instead of sitting at home, studying for tests and doing homework. We're only teenagers once, amirite?

7 8

To be succseful during your teenage years, you have to find a middle ground. You can't just party all the time and do whatever you want whenever you want, nor should you devote your entire life to studying. If you do either of those things you're just screwing yourself over in terms of having a good life.

Stop being ridiculous. You are currently in the training period for the rest of your life. Now is the time to study and learn, so that you can be successful later on. You spend about 17 years (K - Bachelor's degree) in school, and if you live to be 70, you'll have 53 more years (3 times the time) to do what you want to do. Children today have no sort of focus on what's important, but only on what they want to do. They live looking only on what's best for me now instead of what's best for me in the long run, and we wonder why the world is as messed up as it is.

High-expectations asian father will not like to hear this.

Lkuns avatar Lkun No Way +5Reply

Or you could do both and stop whining like a stereotypical teen that hates school.

@Victory_aac
People do work after school, which takes up a fair chunk of their lives.

I absolutely love school, and I do very well at my super hard magnet school, but I totally agree. I go home, run, do homework, eat dinner, do more homework, check Facebook and amirite, and go to bed, and I'm only a freshman. This isn't what a teenager should be doing; I should be having fun, not doing absolutely nothing.

I remember very few things from school in my sophomore year and junior year. Senior year seemed to be a repeat of what I knew.

ashkirs avatar ashkir Yeah You Are -1Reply

have fun while you can, don't make plans for after 20 years 'cause you might die tomorrow. nobody says "youth is wasted on the young" because they regret not studying enough, you know. :]

FlamesToDusts avatar FlamesToDust Yeah You Are -1Reply