+353

Outer beauty and inner beauty should match. If you're a great person, you're great looking. If you're a bad person, then you're bad looking, amirite?

EmmaJs avatar
3 14
The voters have decided that EmmaJ is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I'm a funny guy. Does that mean I'd be funny-looking?

But then eventually more people will become more beautiful...

Does that mean a "bad person" would be born bad looking, therefore born a bad person?

xxoamylynns avatar xxoamylynn Yeah You Are +4Reply

Being physically unattractive is something that many people have to deal with within themselves, learning to accept it and not let it destroy their self-esteem and self-confidence. And it usually makes them nicer people, because they are humble. Truly good people will see past appearances to the beautiful person inside; so physicality should play no role in the inner beauty of a person.

@heysoulsister Being physically unattractive is something that many people have to deal with within themselves, learning to accept...

Yeah, I see your point. And I agree. By this post I meant that I wish it was easier to tell good/bad people apart. But it really didn't come off that way.

EmmaJs avatar EmmaJ Yeah You Are +3Reply

SHALLOW HAL

all the snooty rich beautiful kids would be ugly and not popular anymore and, finally, the shy-er, good kids would be the leaders of the place. HALLELUJAH

thatsnotmynames avatar thatsnotmyname Yeah You Are +2Reply

Do you realize what that would do to all the jerks out there? For some of them, their good looks are the only things they've got going for them. Besides, when you REALLY look at yourself, you start to realize how screwed up you really are. This would only mean that Earth would be filled with ugly people and MORE ugly people.

@Distinctions Do you realize what that would do to all the jerks out there? For some of them, their good looks are the only...

Maybe the jerks would be humbled by their ugliness. Then look better once they were humbled.

DontJudges avatar DontJudge Yeah You Are +9Reply

I suppose you're right. I meant it on a pretty simple level. It would just make it easier to tell good people and bad apart.

EmmaJs avatar EmmaJ Yeah You Are -1Reply

Hahaha that's how it works in the video game Fable.

Inner beauty or ugliness is usually shaped by someone appearance. Someone beautiful gets treated better which makes them feel entitled, better, and more important. Majority of who people are are from their nature but a lot of who someone is is from the way people treat them (hope that made sense).

glorybee91s avatar glorybee91 Yeah You Are +1Reply

This happens when you get old. When your parents used to tell you "if you keep making that face it'll stick like that!" they were partly right; the expression you make the most throughout your life becomes your neutral expression when you get old. So if you see an old lady with a snotty look as her neutral expression, it means she's a snotty person. If you see someone with a warm look as their neutral expression, it means they're a nice person. So if you look at, say, Leona Helmsley's picture on wikipedia, it looks like she's laughing at you, and not in a nice way. You get a bad feeling about her even though she's smiling. But if you look at, say, Gandhi's picture on wikipedia, technically speaking he is making the same expression, but his smile looks so much nicer, like a person you would want to be friends with.