+2,258

Why do teachers always seem to blame the fact that they can't handle their classes on the time of day? E.g. "Come on guys, I know it's Monday morning"; "Come on guys, I know it's Friday afternoon"; "Come on guys, I know it's 9:23 on a Thursday"; amirite?

Hayleys avatar Education
185 41
The voters have decided that Hayley is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Monday: "I know the week just started, but I need your attention."
Tuesday: "I know you are still getting used to the new week, but I need your attention."
Wednesday: "I know it's Hump Day, but I need your attention."
Thursday: "I know the weekend is coming, but I need your attention."
Friday: "I know it's almost the end of the week, but I need your attention."

Harpers avatar Harper Yeah You Are +80Reply
Favvkess avatar Favvkes Yeah You Are +105Reply
@Favvkes Saturday: "I know it's the weekend, but .... wait...... wtf are you doing here?"

Wait. I would like to commemorate this moment.
The comment seen around the site!
The comment which marks a new beginning!
To mark the endless, sleepless nights!

For on the penultimate day of March,
Favvkes made a comment that
Turned the heads of amiriters
As there was no picture of a cat!

So far and wide the news did spread
As we sing the song of the sure,
"Today, Favvkes has turned a new leaf,
Making a comment without using imugur!"

yay_im_wrongs avatar yay_im_wrong Yeah You Are +81Reply

I feel sorry for you. If you post a comment with a picture, everyone goes "predictable Favvkes, she never has any originality." If you post a comment without a picture, people act like it's a huge deal and you're expected to use a cat picture. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Axolotls avatar Axolotl Yeah You Are +23Reply
@Axolotl I feel sorry for you. If you post a comment with a picture, everyone goes "predictable Favvkes, she never has any...

I see it as if it's just an excuse to hate on someone on this website. I understand that sometimes the pictures can become too much, but if you don't like what you see, just down vote and move the fuck on. Half these types of comments are completely irrelevant to the post and contain no originality whatsoever.

One of my teachers always blames it on Gossip Girl
"I know we're all excited to see if Chuck and Blair get back together tonight, but you really need to pull yourselves together."
and he's a guy O.O

Favvkess avatar Favvkes Yeah You Are +39Reply

Monday morning = despair at the prospect of a gruelling week of school. Friday afternoon = desperation at the intense desire for the week to end. 9:23 on Thursday = none of those.

@danilol are you kidding 9:23 on a thursday is the worst of all :O

No no no no... 12:54 on a Wednesday is definitely the worst...

@ashlaaaay No no no no... 12:54 on a Wednesday is definitely the worst...

agree, but that's because I'm supposed to leave class early but my teacher always says "where are you going","when do you have to be there", etc

hearts1020s avatar hearts1020 Yeah You Are -7Reply

Students do it, too.
Teacher: "Why are you guys so noisy?" Kids: "It's a Friday."
Teacher: "Come on, guys. I need more participation." Kids: "It's Monday morning."

Oh, and people love to blame the weather.
Teacher: "Pay attention, class." Kid: "How can we when it's so beautiful out?"
Teacher: "I know it's rainy and glum, but I need more out of you."

_Jojo_s avatar _Jojo_ Yeah You Are +23Reply

No, what they're doing is asserting their role as teacher "That's right guys, I know the time and the day, do you want to be this smart? Well you'd better listen to me then."

Truuninjas avatar Truuninja Yeah You Are +19Reply

Some of my teachers blame it on the weather. It's like "No bitch, I just really hate chemistry."

Or when it's right before a break "I know spring break is tomorrow but we're still in school".

Because people are in different moods and have different amounts of energy depending on the time of day

@Funnyplants Because people are in different moods and have different amounts of energy depending on the time of day

not me. I only have different moods and different amounts of energy depending on my proximity to cats.

Favvkess avatar Favvkes Yeah You Are +16Reply
@1675380

Are you seriously debating this

@1675385

I don't see how picking up someone's poop makes them your friend d smilie

Favvkess avatar Favvkes Yeah You Are +1Reply
@1675437

you can have an equally strong friendship with a cat by playing with a laser pointer, petting it while it purrs, and sleeping together (hello smilie).

Favvkess avatar Favvkes Yeah You Are 0Reply

If I remember correctly, in 5th grade, 9:23 was the time that every day students would switch from math to English, and on Thursdays, we had spelling tests... coincidental?

(My life up to now has been all a lie, hasn't it?!)

With the upvotes getting into the thousands more and more often, I'm starting to think amirite is gaining publicity.

On Monday it's the beginning of the week. On Tuesday it's close to Monday. On Wednesday it's the middle of the week and she's "busy" and there's "no end in sight". on Thursday it's almost Friday. on Friday it's the end of the week.

THERE IS NO END. NO END, I SAY.

mashmallow515s avatar mashmallow515 Yeah You Are -3Reply
@1675515

...oh. Sorry. T.T

mashmallow515s avatar mashmallow515 Yeah You Are +1Reply
@1675306

That's why I constructed this manual, for people like you!

How to Get Liked on Amirite

1. Write "first" on any post that doesn't have any comments yet. People will admire your quick speed.
2. When commenting, ignore the Reply button. It's only there for decoration.
3. There's a user named Anthony on here that nobody likes. Send him insulting messages.
4. If there aren't many comments on POTD, say so. How else are people going to know?
5. If you don't like the current POTD, say so. People care, right?
6. If somebody votes down your post, report them.
7. If somebody votes down your comment, report them.
8. If somebody "steals your wall virginity", they're probably an online pedophile. Report them.
9. If one of your posts gets deleted, the mod probably just didn't get it. Keep re-posting it until they understand.
10. Lastly, and most important, never relate a comment to the post. People will think you're a freak.

Just follow the above rules and you should be fine! y smilie

@boxtop That's why I constructed this manual, for people like you! How to Get Liked on Amirite 1. Write "first"...

I feel like you just took a 10-gallon gatorade cooler of sarcasm and dumped it on my head.

sb123s avatar sb123 Yeah You Are +3Reply
@1675306

Maybe it's because you post irrelevant, melodramatic comments anonymously on the POTD? Not to mention the lack of capitalization and apostrophes.

@1675306

I don't know about anyone else, but this made me lolwut smilie

@1675306

Just post cat pictures and automatic WINN INNNNG!