+281

If Professor Xavier could control things with his mind, why doesn't he use it to control his legs, amirite?

rapemasterflexs avatar
11 19
The voters have decided that rapemasterflex is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

maybe he likes his chair

Well, he doesn't really have telekinesis does he? Isn't it just mind reading and stuff like that?

He can't control "things" with his mind, he controls other minds with his mind-- he's already controlling his own mind.

In hindsight, all of your responses make sense. I don't know how I missed that, I am a huge X-Men fan.

rapemasterflexs avatar rapemasterflex Yeah You Are +4Reply
@rapemasterflex In hindsight, all of your responses make sense. I don't know how I missed that, I am a huge X-Men fan.

Same here! X-MEN is the best, but I never thought of that. I guess it comes down to the science of how telepathy works. If he can trigger electrical signals in the brain, maybe he could do the same for legs. But I'm guessing mravel would have some explanation if it ever came up.

Wynauts avatar Wynaut Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Wynaut Same here! X-MEN is the best, but I never thought of that. I guess it comes down to the science of how telepathy...

No... if his legs are broken, then no amount of triggering that part of the brain will allow you to walk, because it's literally disconnected, even if it's still connected to your body. You wouldn't need telepathy to be able to do that... anyone would be able to. In addition to that, I'm pretty sure Professor X is only telepathic, not telekinetic

@KickAss No... if his legs are broken, then no amount of triggering that part of the brain will allow you to walk, because...

He is only telepathic, and I meant somehow sending signals to the leg without going through the brain first.

@Wynaut He is only telepathic, and I meant somehow sending signals to the leg without going through the brain first.

That would require the legs having something to receive though... I dunno haha it's a cartoon, where logic isn't required. What you say may be possible for him (because maybe a mutant's body construct is different from normal humans), but I can't see it being possible using our anatomy. Get it? Like if the only thing that was different from Professor X and a normal person is his brain (which allows him telepathy), then he won't have anything in his legs to receive the signals, because the receptors would be damaged.

@KickAss That would require the legs having something to receive though... I dunno haha it's a cartoon, where logic isn't...

Oh well I was thinking more along the lines of the spine had a problem, so the legs were fine just inaccessible. But yeah, it is a cartoon. An awesome one.

Whether this actually makes sense or not, I cracked up.

FlyingPandas avatar FlyingPanda Yeah You Are +4Reply

I'm sure he would if he could, but he can't.

How does this have such a high score? He has telepathy, not telekinesis.

Luffys avatar Luffy No Way +1Reply
@Luffy How does this have such a high score? He has telepathy, not telekinesis.

Because most people don't know that he just has telepathy, probably think he just has all psychic powers.

I mean Jean Grey is always moving shit around with her mind so I guess I never realized that they have completely different powers, and that he can't do that.

rapemasterflexs avatar rapemasterflex Yeah You Are 0Reply
@1055867

Jean's kind of a risky person to put in charge of your legs though. She's always having mental breakdowns and dying.

@Wynaut Rofl yeah she has that problem

She should really do something about that.

@fangirl12 She should really do something about that.

I think she enjoys the attention, I mean look at when they were on the moon. She no longer the center of attention and BAM she suddenly psychotic again XD

@Wynaut I think she enjoys the attention, I mean look at when they were on the moon. She no longer the center of attention...

Why's she such an attention hog? She has two guys who are in love with her, the Professor spends more time with her than most mutants, everyone loves her and Scott's a great guy. She's got a problem, a serious problem.