-309

Losing weight wouldn't be THAT hard! instead of working out all day and eating healthy food, why don't people just stop drinking as much water. like maybe drink no more then a cup a day cause then you will lose a ton of weight fast since water is heavy, amirite?

2 62
The voters have decided that this post is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.
@1006743

no, not like drain all the water out, but drink less of it. we could survive with maybe 50% water in our body. If we drink less, then over time there will be a little less water in our bodies but enough to keep us functioning healthily

@1006770

yeah, but you don't need that much water to survive. 1 cup should be enough. I don't drink much water and I'm still alive and healthy.

@yeah, but you don't need that much water to survive. 1 cup should be enough. I don't drink much water and I'm still...

(:)<3):
Firstly: I should hope you're still alive, seeing as you posted this.

Secondly: If you don't have enough water in your body, it will affect you at the cellular level. Your cells need H20 to function. So while you can live, it can slow your body down to not give your cells enough of what they need. Eating healthy and exercising, on the other hand, give your cells the power they need to continue keeping you alive and functioning.

@no, not like drain all the water out, but drink less of it. we could survive with maybe 50% water in our body. If...

Where are you getting your scientific/biological information? Because it seems as if you're making this up.

"We only need . . . Hmmm, let's say . . . 50% water in our bodies! Yeah, sounds good to me! Let's go with that and pass it off as a valid hypothesis."

Actually our body could not survive with only 50% water. Our body is made up of cells which are roughly 70-80% water, this is to maintain balance (called isotonic). If there was less water outside our cells than water would leave the cells trying to compensate and reach an equilibrium in the body. This act would cause the cells to shrivel and therefore not perform their job, at which point we would die. So if you want to lose weight that badly...

THAT'S GREAT! YES! Except, science, so no.

Chells avatar Chell No Way +20Reply

...troll?

@no

(:)<3): Oh, okay, so you legitimately think that being dehydrated is the best way to lose weight.

@Allaloo (:)<3): Oh, okay, so you legitimately think that being dehydrated is the best way to lose weight.

It actually is. I'm a wrestler and I've lost 10 pounds in a day from not drinking and sweating a lot

WinniethePoohs avatar WinniethePooh Yeah You Are -3Reply
@1682161

Yep. It's not like I do it regularly...and you're completely right...but so is :)<3

WinniethePoohs avatar WinniethePooh Yeah You Are 0Reply
@1682161

Atkins died by slipping on some ice and smacking his head against the sidewalk. His death had nothing to do with his diet...

not dehydrated, but drink less water so we're not dehydrated, but just enough so we can lose weight. one cup of water a day would still be a healthy amount, but enough so we can lose weight without being dehydrated

@1682020

Actually my nutrition teacher said your weight divided by two is the recommended amount in ounces.

@1682020

Well actually, it's 8 glasses of water, assuming each glass is 8 oz for about 64 oz of water.

A whole cup a day?!? I can't drink THAT much!

Harpers avatar Harper No Way +17Reply

I just..I have to. ARE YOU STUPID? ono smilie ono smilie

Actually drink ice water. It'll stave off your thirst for soda, etc. Your body gets rid of water easily, and uses it for healthy things. Ice water actually helps you lose some calories. :)

You fail.

This made me laugh. A lot. "...since water is heavy". Bahaha

Pretty successful troll.

I'm just not understanding why some people are taking this so seriously. Some people will never understand. It's pretty obvious that this is a troll post and people are letting the OP win by taking this seriously and arguing with him/her.

coolstorys avatar coolstory Yeah You Are +7Reply
@coolstory I'm just not understanding why some people are taking this so seriously. Some people will never understand...

I don't like feeding trolls but this one looked so hungry. (lolol it's funny cause feeding..and hungry..weight loss..yeah.)

Losing water weight is not the same thing as losing fat.

I would choose burgers over water ANY DAY. I would ask my aunt how it worked out since she did this, but she's dead. I WONDER WHY?

Seriously? This is what you come up with?

This is one of those posts where you know Carter (Courage_Wolf) agreed with it before checking it.

You know that drinking the right amount of water each day actually helps you lose weight? Of course drinking lots of water doesn't make you lose weight, but it helps.

... Da... DAFUQ?1!

Runys avatar Runy No Way +2Reply

GENIUS!

Emperorerrors avatar Emperorerror Yeah You Are +1Reply

Yeah, we need to get our bodys WMI (Water Mass Index) down to 40% at least.

This does make sense, but I don't know... I feel like it would work better in theory.

What the hell. Water doesn't make you heavy. The more water you drink, the more you pee. It doesn't stay with you >_>

No, I'm SORRY, Shaun.

You can lose five pounds in three days with the water diet.

you do that so we dont have to read another post by you

I see your logic, you're wrong, but I see your logic

I swear all you people are retarded. He's 100% right. Sure it's not healthy and not a permanent way to keep of wait but it works. I'm a wrestler and have to be under a certain weight to compete and I've lost 10 pounds in a day from not drinking and sweating a lot.

WinniethePoohs avatar WinniethePooh Yeah You Are -4Reply
@1682142

Definitely. It works though. If you are trying to get to a healthy weight it's a terrible idea but it still works if you are trying to make a weigh in

@WinniethePooh Definitely. It works though. If you are trying to get to a healthy weight it's a terrible idea but it still works...

Im not a wrestler, but aren't there healthier ways? Besides, can't you just be in whatever weight class you're in without compromising your health and well being?

@WinniethePooh I swear all you people are retarded. He's 100% right. Sure it's not healthy and not a permanent way to keep of wait...

You are stupid. I am a wrestler too and I would never do that. The only way it is 1/5 of a good idea is when you need to cut weight and fast, even after you wiegh in you drink a lot

@WinniethePooh Exactly bro. It sucks, it's unhealthy, it's stupid,...and it works

3 bad reasons 1 semi good reason I think the bad outnumber the good

@davidsplanteII 3 bad reasons 1 semi good reason I think the bad outnumber the good

But youre missing the point. Whether or not it's smart, the post is correct

@WinniethePooh But youre missing the point. Whether or not it's smart, the post is correct

Its correct to a degree but it is definitely wrong when they said only 1 glass of water a day

And i think when people say they want to lose wieght they mean body fat not just wieght except for wrestlers

I think I just found a way to cure Obesity in America!