+186

If you think about it, Tangled is basically the exact same opposite of Hunchback of Notre Dame: a beautiful princess/misshapen hunchback locked up in a tower by an evil witch/judge/priest who sheltered them and told them the world was awful. The princess/hunchback escapes and finds a wonderful world and a love on the outskirts of society: a gypsy/thief. And then the villain falls off the tower.... amirite?

TalkingLlamers avatar
7 14
The voters have decided that TalkingLlamer is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I think Tangled is very much like Rapunzel.

@1228519

I know, but the similarities in these two were just too much. And given the fact that they were made by the same movie studio, it just seems like they slapped a pretty blonde face on Quasimodo and made him/her/it sing some different songs in a different setting.

TalkingLlamers avatar TalkingLlamer Yeah You Are -4Reply
@TalkingLlamer I know, but the similarities in these two were just too much. And given the fact that they were made by the same...

Do you realize that the movie studio that made those films didn't write either of those stories?

Juless avatar Jules Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Do you realize that the movie studio that made those films didn't write either of those stories?

(Anonymous) and (Jules): I'm aware, and that's why I think it's so strange. They basically rewrote both of the stories to suit their needs.

TalkingLlamers avatar TalkingLlamer Yeah You Are +1Reply

It would be pretty chill if the two stories were combined. Yeah, I'm a hunchback princess. An evil priest-witch keeps me locked in a tower.

Except Mother Gothel doesn't sing about her lust for Flynn Rider and almost masterbate in front of a fire...

isomorphics avatar isomorphic Yeah You Are +10Reply

TL;DR