+659

"It's not over till the fat lady sings." Well, then Harry Potter should've ended after the third book, amirite?

Rockys avatar
28 18
The voters have decided that Rocky is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

It's not over until Voldimort dies

@Im_so_bored_so_bye It's not over until Voldimort dies

DONT SAY HIS NAME!! ITS SUPOSED TO BE TABOOED!!! i would not be surprised if youre surrounded by death eaters by now..

i wouldn't consider it singing though....it was more like screaming obnoxiously

Movie. There was never fat lady singing in the books.

@LaestigZwilling Movie. There was never fat lady singing in the books.

I am highly saddened if you're right, and disappointed in myself. :[
But it has been years since I read through the series.

Rockys avatar Rocky Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Rocky I am highly saddened if you're right, and disappointed in myself. :[ But it has been years since I read through the...

I haven't read the third one recently either, but I'm almost positive she doesn't sing.

However, the only really good movies were one, two, and seven. So maybe they should have listened to you and ended after that scene in the third one.

Unless you count Peeves as a fat lady. Because then it would fit.

AccioHorcruxs avatar AccioHorcrux Yeah You Are +4Reply
@AccioHorcrux Unless you count Peeves as a fat lady. Because then it would fit.

It may be appropriate to count him as a fat lady, yes.

The Fat Lady does not sing in the books... It is only in the movie.

More like:
It's not over till the fat lady sings, "Well, then Harry Potter should've ended after the third book."

@Shadi More like: It's not over till the fat lady sings, "Well, then Harry Potter should've ended after the third book."

(Chauncy Pickles): Fail lol you just rearranged the quotation marks (which is grammatically incorrect because they were actually quoting a saying) even after all the comments have just said it was the third movie...

@rawrrO_o (Chauncy Pickles): Fail lol you just rearranged the quotation marks (which is grammatically incorrect because they...

Rearranging the quotation marks does not make my comment grammatically incorrect. I just thought it'd be funny if the fat lady sang about how the Harry Potter series should have ended after the third book. Besides, that "quote" has become an idiom. Therefore, while it might have been necessary for you to put the phrase in quotes, it would not be as necessary for me to do so.

It should have ended before the first one.