-401

Green is a primary colour, yellow is not, amirite?

Truuninjas avatar
0 30
The voters have decided that Truuninja is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Green = Yellow + Blue

@Truuninja http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Additive_color

Additive colours are light, primary colours are red, blue and yellow. http://www.bears.co.nz/dyk/colours.htm

If you actually mix colour (in paint or make up, etc.) green and red makes a weird brown.

@twisted_memories Additive colours are light, primary colours are red, blue and yellow. http://www.bears.co.nz/dyk/colours.htm If...

Light, kind of like the stuff we use to see?
You realise that cyan and magenta are not actually the same as blue and red right?

Truuninjas avatar Truuninja Yeah You Are -1Reply
@And you realise that green is not actually a primary colour right?

Wicked argument from you, clearly I have lost this battle forever.

Truuninjas avatar Truuninja Yeah You Are 0Reply
@I don't need arguments, you're denying a fact.

If it's fact, could you back it up with evidence?
It's just, I've already linked wikipedia, the most reliable source on the whole internet, and the counter-arguments have more or less consisted of "Na uh".

Truuninjas avatar Truuninja Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Truuninja If it's fact, could you back it up with evidence? It's just, I've already linked wikipedia, the most reliable...

It's not a website I normally visit, I got it from google.

I hope you were sarcastic on the wikipedia part.

@ It's not a website I normally visit, I got it from google...

Google images, the infallible corner of the internet.
We could play this game all day, I mean, you just did a search, probably with the words primary and colou smiliers in it, so you'll have seen that there is just as much in favour of my argument as there is yours, so to say that I'm denying fact isn't exactly accurate.

@Truuninja Google images, the infallible corner of the internet. We could play this game all day, I mean, you just did a...

Have you ever painted? I'd like to see you try making yellow with green and red.

I get what you mean with the green and red is yellow part, but that only applies to light. When talking about primary colours, people are referring to yellow, blue and red.

I searched for 'colour wheel' to be exact.

I can't imagine you posted this without wanting it becoming an argument.

@Have you ever painted? I'd like to see you try making yellow with green and red. I get what you mean with the...

The definition of a primary colour has nothing to do with paint.
Personally I see light as more important than paint, I mean, if you mix light in different quantities, you can get any colour anyone has ever seen, have you ever tried to make pink using red, blue and yellow? It's pretty difficult.
The point of the post is that it is wrong that people should be reffering to yellow, blue and red when they talk about primary colours. Because they're not, by any real logic, primary colours.

@Truuninja The definition of a primary colour has nothing to do with paint. Personally I see light as more important than...

"The definition of a primary colour has nothing to do with paint."
It's an example.

"Personally I see"

"Because they're not, by any real logic, primary colours."
If you mix blue and yellow paint, it turns green. What's not logical about that?

@"The definition of a primary colour has nothing to do with paint." It's an example. "Personally I see"...

A bad example.

Yes, personally, because this is amirite, where people put opinions.

If you mix orange and white, you get light orange, that doesn't make orange or white primary colours.

Truuninjas avatar Truuninja Yeah You Are -3Reply
@Truuninja A bad example. Yes, personally, because this is amirite, where people put opinions. If you mix orange and white...

Also, regardless of whether green is a primary colour or not, yellow still is. This makes your post wrong. Green may be a primary colour when it comes to light, but yellow is a primary colour when it comes to paint.

@twisted_memories Also, regardless of whether green is a primary colour or not, yellow still is. This makes your post wrong. Green...

I agree with that, I realised it shortly after I made the post and hoped you wouldn't pick up on it wary smilie

Truuninjas avatar Truuninja Yeah You Are +2Reply
@Truuninja I agree with that, I realised it shortly after I made the post and hoped you wouldn't pick up on it

Haha it's ok. I realized shortly after that you were part right (not learning from the link, but remembering that I learned this before from the link, make sense?). So really, we're both right.

You've, been, TROLLED, you've been TROLLED, as you've probably been told, don't reply, to this guy, he is just getting a rise, out of YOU, yes, its TRUE, you respond and that's his cue, to start trouble on the double, while he strokes his manly stubble,you've been TROLLED, you've been TROLLED, you should probably just FOLD, when the only winning move is not to PLAY!
and yet you keep on TRYING, mindlessly REPLYING, you've been TROLLED, you've been TROLLED, have a nice DAY! (flips off twisted memories)

I'm going to disagree paint is a bad example. It's a perfect example.

"Yes, personally, because this is amirite, where people put opinions."
Nice save ;)

"If you mix orange and white, you get light orange, that doesn't make orange or white primary colours."
The same thing could be said about green.

I'm going to stop responding. I realise you're right about the green is a primary colour with light, but I still consider yellow, blue and red the primary colours.

Well, it is if you live on the computer. RGB, anyone?

__________s avatar __________ Yeah You Are +2Reply

red green and Blue are primary
Yellow Magenta and Cyan are secondary
learn you physics people

dingus42s avatar dingus42 Yeah You Are +1Reply

Well, looking at it from the spectrum of light, its magenta, cyan, and green
Artistic primary colours (additives) Are red blue and yellow.
Depending on who you are, make your desicion there is no right or wrong.
So aks yourself: Are you a science person or an art person?

@Well, looking at it from the spectrum of light, its magenta, cyan, and green Artistic primary colours (additives)...

magenta and cyan are both secondary colours in the light spectrum actually, along with yellow.

what are you smoking

gcapis avatar gcapi No Way -3Reply