+395

It's funny how when you read a post you can actually tell if the person is intellegent or not, amirite?

Sports
1 10

I YYA'd this, because after reading your post, and seeing that you cant spell intelligent, I laughed. Alot.

deeviants avatar deeviant Yeah You Are +20Reply

I disagreed because I don't think that's "funny" by any definition. It seems obvious to me that you can tell how smart someone is by reading their posts- or at least how well educated they are.

Yes, it is called irony

Ironic considering you spelled "intelligent" wrong - hahaha I YYA'd cuz true!

Wow, now since you put it that way it is not at all funny that you can tell, it is FUCKIN HILARIOUS

you cannot gauge a persons intelligence based on the grandiloquence (or lack there of) with which they write. how naive.
you seem to be forgetting the maths/science community. i am sure that many individuals in such a field do not write with the verbosity with those of us more interested in the arts...
i really loathe those arrogant narcissists who discuss their own perceived intelligence on this site. formal writing is unnecessary on such a casual forum, hence why many individuals may choose to write informally. these are of course the people you deem to be of 'lesser intelligence'

@you cannot gauge a persons intelligence based on the grandiloquence (or lack there of) with which they write. how...

It seems like you were trying to come across as smart, though it would've worked better if you used capitals.

SylverMoons avatar SylverMoon Yeah You Are 0Reply
@SylverMoon It seems like you were trying to come across as smart, though it would've worked better if you used capitals.

i was not trying to come off as smart, and telling me to capitalise my words is actually the sort of unnecessary and pathetic practice i was referring to. this is a completely informal forum for opinions, not a school essay. complete grammar is a pain to implement and sooo unnecessary on amirite.
also i do not deem myself 'intelligent', however my writing skills may be classed as above average.

@i was not trying to come off as smart, and telling me to capitalise my words is actually the sort of unnecessary...

Okay, I apologise :) It just sounded like you were trying because that doesn't seem like the type of language people would usually use, like this ''i really loathe those arrogant narcissists who discuss their own perceived intelligence on this site''. I don't usually make a point of telling people to capitalize or stuff like that, and if they type like they're texting I don't bother at all. Because I thought that you were trying to come across as smart I thought that that would be appropriate to correct you.

SylverMoons avatar SylverMoon Yeah You Are +1Reply