+388

Once you left the 4th grade, people stopped celebrating Groundhog's Day at school. In fact, maybe you even forgot it was Groundhog's Day today it's been so long since someone's brought it up. amirite?

Your_Stalkers avatar Politics
3 32
The voters have decided that Your_Stalker is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.
@1016576

Well, on February 2nd, we have this groundhog that lives in Pennsylvania, I forgot his name, but anyways, he comes out of his groundhog home and if he sees his shadow, he gets scared and goes back into his hole which means 6 more weeks of winter. If he doesn't see his shadow, spring is coming soon.
We rely on a Groundhog to tell us the future of weather.
this is the American Technology we have today ;)

Your_Stalkers avatar Your_Stalker Yeah You Are +10Reply
@1016576

Watch the movie: Groundhog Day. It'll clear everything up. It's on netflix if you have it

@1025542

this groundhog name punxatony phil comes out of a whole to make a weather prediction. Pretty big shit here in PA

@1016576

oh, Anthony. silly, silly boy.

Madss avatar Mads Yeah You Are 0Reply

I think there will be six more weeks of winter. I just had three snow days in a row, and I live in Texas.

@Sex_With_A_Snail I think there will be six more weeks of winter. I just had three snow days in a row, and I live in Texas.

yeah, my half sister is in Alabama and its snowing like a mother fucker down here.
Its like a snow man jizzed!
I mean, alabama?? come on... we got out for a whole week cause of the snow.

Your_Stalkers avatar Your_Stalker Yeah You Are +4Reply

I'm british, and trying to read this pretty much made my brain explode D:.

I hear about it every year but I never remember what date it is or what seeing the shadow signifies.

@wobbuffet I hear about it every year but I never remember what date it is or what seeing the shadow signifies.

well i mean, when i was in kindergarten, i remember doing all this groundhog day stuff. Like we would color groundhog pages and have a groundhog party. Now its just "Sit down, shut up, and take out your math book!!"
oh, the sound of all my crushed childhood dreams and failed attempts at life.
runs in a corner nibbling a cookie

Your_Stalkers avatar Your_Stalker Yeah You Are +6Reply

I remembereddd(:

@Tweedledee I remembereddd(:

so, did he see his shadow?

Madss avatar Mads Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Mads so, did he see his shadow?

Well I didn't see it but on my way to school I was like "heey its groundhogs day!"

Every year in math class.

I wonder who's job it is to smuggle in a new groundhog whenever Puxatawny Phil dies. They don't usually live much more than 5 years.

Also, am I the only one reminded of the movie Groundhog Day?

Distinctionss avatar Distinctions Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Distinctions I wonder who's job it is to smuggle in a new groundhog whenever Puxatawny Phil dies. They don't usually live much...

haha, the first part of your comment reminded me of the day I figured out that they switched the Mickey's at Disney World when ever the other one needed their break.
this post is bringing back way too many traumatic childhood memories for me...

Your_Stalkers avatar Your_Stalker Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Your_Stalker haha, the first part of your comment reminded me of the day I figured out that they switched the Mickey's at Disney...

And when you find out that there were actually 3 different pigs playing Babe? And not only in Babe, but virtually EVERY animal movie out there? And here I thought I'd properly repressed all of that.

Distinctionss avatar Distinctions Yeah You Are -1Reply
@Distinctions And when you find out that there were actually 3 different pigs playing Babe? And not only in Babe, but virtually...

3 different pigs???

oh...
the sound of all my crushed childhood dreams and failed attempts at life are coming back to me.
I need another cookie!!!
or is there something else about the cookie monster I should know!?!?

Your_Stalkers avatar Your_Stalker Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Your_Stalker 3 different pigs??? oh... the sound of all my crushed childhood dreams and failed attempts at life are coming...

Let's just say that you really DON'T want to listen to a 2002 cookie monster and a 2003 cookie monster back to back. Just stay in denial. It's better that way. And don't watch any two Lassie movies within a month of each other. Just don't.

I remember it because its on my half birthday

Groundhog day was yesterday I thought... Maybe I was incorrectly informed about this. :/

@Your_Stalker well, i posted this yesterday and it got homepaged today SO.......

but it says you posted it on the 3rd:
'says Your_Stalker on Feb 3rd 11 in Politics (#515867)'
then underneath it says it got homepaged also on the 3rd...
??