+445

It really hurts when you realize that you are just a passing phase for someone who was an inspiration to you. Like a teacher or a coach of some sort. They see thousands of faces in their careers, and although they've changed your life, or helped you in some way, it's very likely that in 3 years, they won't even remember your name. amirite?

Incredibly_Mookys avatar
11 5
The voters have decided that Incredibly_Mooky is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I work at a grocery store and one of my elementary school teachers came to my check-out lane and didnt recognize me. I even had a name tag on too...

YellowLikeTheSuns avatar YellowLikeTheSun Yeah You Are +14Reply

My dad is a football coach, and he remembers almost every player he's ever coached. People will come up to him in restaurants or the grocery store and he'll remember them almost instantly. It's weird and nice at the same time.

Only if you admire them from afar. You could just as well get to know them and let them get to know you back -- not giving them a reason to remember you is your own choice.

I went back to my old school and most of the teachers knew who i was and we had a great time catching up and stuff