+591

You vividly remember some random events from your childhood and can recall them in great detail for no apparent reason, amirite?

DobbyTheElfs avatar
11 23
The voters have decided that DobbyTheElf is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I remember this asshole kid named Main who made fun of me because my name(Megan) had 5 letters and his only had 4.

528491s avatar 528491 Yeah You Are +13Reply

I remember in kindergarden sitting next to this one guy who got pissed at me because i bumped his arm and made him color outside the lines. He also got mad at me when i wrote my 5s weird

saxybandgeeks avatar saxybandgeek Yeah You Are +12Reply
@saxybandgeek I remember in kindergarden sitting next to this one guy who got pissed at me because i bumped his arm and made him...

Haha I remember sitting next to this guy in kindergarten who only wanted green construction paper...lol

DobbyTheElfs avatar DobbyTheElf Yeah You Are +2Reply

I remember being in Maine at age 5, watching my older relatives play Charades. My uncle got Jurassic Park, so he silently roared, picked up a chair, hit it on the floor a couple times, and threw it across the room. They got it on the first guess.

@DobbyTheElf Well, that does sound like a memorable experience :))))

oh, belive me, it was. Also from that vacation, i remember accidentally leaving a teacup out in the blueberry patch, petting a cat in an ice cream store named Mr. Gray and having it bite me, and pushing my brother off a rock into mud and seaweed. He was not happy.

@AmazingWingedGirl oh, belive me, it was. Also from that vacation, i remember accidentally leaving a teacup out in the blueberry...

So, let's see...I'm guessing you never went on a family vacation again? No jk
But the cat bite would totally happen to me cuz I pet animals all the time :) One time at the beach my family befriended a stray cat.

@DobbyTheElf So, let's see...I'm guessing you never went on a family vacation again? No jk But the cat bite would totally happen...

aww thats cool!

no ive been on many more vactions...lets see, i also remember:

i was two and my mom had sent me to my room. she put up "the gate," a baby gate to keep me in my room. i remember being really sad, and grabbing my sippy cup and blankie and standing by the gate so she'd take pity and let me out. she didnt, and i woke up still next to the gate.

and then another time in maine i remember having a dream about peter pan but not really sleeping well because of an earache

@AmazingWingedGirl aww thats cool! no ive been on many more vactions...lets see, i also remember: i was two and my mom had sent me...

Aw, too bad the sympathy trick didn't work lol
And you seem to have a lot of fun times in Maine.

@DobbyTheElf Aw, too bad the sympathy trick didn't work lol And you seem to have a lot of fun times in Maine.

yeah maine and i go way back :) i think the first time i went there i was three...oh one time we played cops and robbers in a lightning storm...not our best idea, but we all survived

@AmazingWingedGirl yeah maine and i go way back :) i think the first time i went there i was three...oh one time we played cops and...

The danger must have made it fun though. I want to go to Maine someday. My parents have been there, but not me

DobbyTheElfs avatar DobbyTheElf Yeah You Are +1Reply

They all nodded and told me I could be the grandma.
When recess was over, the preschool teacher called me over. "Did you push [name of the boy] down the slide?"
'I was playing with the girls during recess, right girls?" They all nodded and swore I was playing, and I was the grandma of the house. The teacher simply dismissed me and we headed back inside the classroom.

I remember in preschool, the girls would play house and the guys would take over the slides, claiming it was a "boys-only ship". I didn't want to play house, so I climbed the steps up to the slides. Some guy tried to block me, saying girls weren't allowed. Without saying anything, I ran past him. But then, I encountered two other boys, both trying to block me. I cleverly dodged them, crawling between the legs of one. Finally, I made it to the top of the slide. The main guy, the "captain of the ship" was also at the very top. The top of the slide was narrow, a ladder built on to a square with walls. He easily guarded the slide by standing over the ladder. "Password?" he demanded. "I just want to slide down the slide, just one time!" I complained with the lisp I had then. But he wouldn't budge. So, I stepped off the ladder and hid below. Another boy approached the guard and gave him the password, which predictably was "girls stink". The guard let him through. I ran up to the ladder and

said "girls stink". But the gaurd wouldn't let me go down the slide. I tried "Boys rule?". Still nothing.
Maybe it was because I didn't fit in with the girls in my class and now the boys didn't want me, or maybe it was because I realized the unjustice of gender discrimination, but I was getting REALLY ticked off. I just wanted to slide down the stupid slide, goddammit. I wanted to push the guard out of the way. There are walls to the right and left, to can't push him there. I can't push him fowards off the ladder, so the only way was to push him down the slide.
I shoved with all of the might in my little, girly, 4-year-old arms. He tumbled backwards, down the slide and hit the ground with a thud.
Now, I was 4, but I was smart enough to realize I could get into serious trouble for pushing someone down the slide. I ran down the stairs and over to where the girls were playing houseas fast as I could. "Hey, girls. Can I play with you?" I asked.

I remember eating one of those popcicles in the little plastic tubes (It was green), and leaving it behind the chair. My mom found it and yelled at my big sister and my cousins to tell us who did it. I didn't confess.

Merediths avatar Meredith Yeah You Are +6Reply

Yes! I remember when I was little I thought there were goblins living in my lamp.(Don't know why haha) I also remember going to a playground with my friend and falling on the special 'bouncy tarmac'. That stuff still hurts.

There should be a whole nother website for these stories

I remember exactly what I had in my leather jacket pockets. I wore it cuz it made me feel like a spy. I had three fake bugs, a tiny instruction manual, and a magic trick thing. I don't know how I remember this.

Igpay_Atinlays avatar Igpay_Atinlay Yeah You Are +2Reply

there was a boy in 1st grade i thought was really buff and he pushed me on the tire swing on a school trip picinic

fuckoffwhores avatar fuckoffwhore Yeah You Are 0Reply

We were visiting my family when I was 3 and my aunt had just had another baby. She said I couldn't hold her until I ate my sausage I was supposed to eat for dinner.

Miss_Meerkats avatar Miss_Meerkat Yeah You Are 0Reply

I remember one time shortly after we moved into our house, we had just come home from church, and then my little sister tripped over the end table and knocked it over and fell right along with it.

Emys avatar Emy Yeah You Are 0Reply