+212

It’s really odd that Canada spends half as much as the US PER CAPITA in health insurance, yet EVERY SINGLE GODDAMMED INDIVIDUAL IS 100% COVERED, DOWN TO EVERY SINGLE HOMELESS BUM IN BUMFUCK, amirite?

Jokes & Humour
12 25

YELLING DOESN'T MAKE YOU MORE RIGHT

It's not really that odd. Paying for our healthcare Through taxes and equalization payments works better than healthcare only being available to those who can afford it.

I've been to Bumfuck. It's a nice place, rather like Bitchskank, but without the tourists.

Well Canada doesn't have much deficit spending or war debts there, eh?

Im pretty sure its because the U.S. govt spends 7/8 of the money on the army...

Canada has just as active a military as the US. Well, now we do, but in the early 80s we didn't spend all our money on helping the Afghans kick the Soviets out of their country and thereby helping cause the current war... but we still send lots of troops over there. I have friends who've gone to war, and most of my family, including a great uncle who's a Brigadier General, have a connection with the Canadian army.

tieranosaurs avatar tieranosaur Yeah You Are +4Reply

The fact of the matter is that most Canadians are much healthier than the average American. Plus maybe they don't go to the doctor as much

its just a tad difficult to get an appointment. amirite?

Canadians in general are way healthier also don't abuse the system. Go into an emergency room here, and there are many people that don't need to be there. Also, how would this cover operations that aren't needed per say but improve your quality of life?

Canada also has less people living there...

@Lkun Canada also has less people living there...

Then you have no clue what "per capita" means.
It's how much per person, not the whole population together.

@Well, 57 were able to.

Shall I give them an award? Would you like a prize? A monument perhaps?

Yes, a statue! Perfect. It shall be covered in gold leaf. Your image shall be worshiped! Beneath, the plaque shall read, "Anonymous, the man who had 57 people read his post." For CENTURIES, your image will be seen by millions -- NO! billions!-- they will weep at the feet of the statue.

Now all that's left is the pose... AH! I have it! You can spread your arms out, as if welcoming all people of the world into the arms of your omniscience. There shall be a small smirk painted on your glorious face. A wreath of olives will encircle your brow. Your trousers will have 57 pleats, so as to symbolize the 57 enlightened ones.

THIS WILL BE THE MOST GLORIOUS STATUE IN HISTORY!

@Okay.

I, of course (for I am a pathetic knave), will be crushed beneath your sandals of wisdom and justice. My face will be contorted in a grotesque snarl, yet, a glimmer of admiration shall twinkle in my heavy lidded eyes as I tilt my pathetic head to just catch a glimpse of your perfect form. I will be modeled in cast iron so as not to detract from your superiority. Peasants and groundlings shall laugh at me.

Yeah, then half the people that are in dire need of medical care die before the government insurance is able to give them the proper attention they need. Let's hope the bums don't have cancer, cause then they're dying anyways.