+222

Rumors keep surfacing that The Dark Knight Rises might feature a sidekick alongside Batman. That is a terrible idea. Don't get me wrong: Nolan's a great director and his reinvention of the franchise has been great, but adding Dick Grayson would just be robin' the audience of the amazing film that could exist without him, amirite?

TYPOs avatar
2 12
The voters have decided that TYPO is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

OK, just gonna put it out there that your posts are brilliant.

Christopher Nolan is a genius.

If he added Robin into his new film (which I'm pretty sure he isn't going to do), he'd find a way to make it really, really amazing and unique. He'd pick an actor who would make it something really good, because he'd KNOW people would be skeptical.

@monstrosity Christopher Nolan is a genius. If he added Robin into his new film (which I'm pretty sure he isn't going to do)...

It would be awesome if he did add him, but he made him some crazy obsessed fan that ends up in Arkham at the expense of Batman at the end.

BoatsandHoess avatar BoatsandHoes Yeah You Are +7Reply
@BoatsandHoes It would be awesome if he did add him, but he made him some crazy obsessed fan that ends up in Arkham at the...

Yeah. It would probably be a major deconstruction of his character.

Like, he's this orphaned kid who lives with alcoholic mother, and he just wants some kind of father figure. And he thinks Batman's just the shit, he thinks he's the coolest motherfucker around. So he starts thinking, he's like, I want his attention. So he starts setting up little crimes, hoping Batman will come. When he doesn't, he gets frustrated and upset and he kills his mother because she's a drunk and he hates her and he's angry. Then he runs away, and everyone thinks he was kidnapped by whoever killed the mother, and it's this big media spectacle, and Batman gets involved, and he thinks it some person and goes on a wild goose chase looking for them, but it turns out it wasn't them, but they know where the kid is. So Batman finds the kid and the kid's like, I just wanted you to love me. And Batman's like shut the fuck I'm the goddamned Batman I love no one and sends his ass to Arkham.

That'd be awesome, Dick Grayson is my favourite Robin. His costume HAS to be the best (meaning better than the other Robin's (and no I don't mean the old one that looks like booty shorts, but the newer ones that were in the comic books (and I'm adding this just so I can have more parenthesis)))

I don't know if you're being serious or joking because I know that they aren't doing a sidekick because Christian Bale said he would walk if they even tried. So if this was all for the joke of "robin" then yes nicely done. I love a good pun. If you are serious then let me assure you that they won't be doing a sidekick.

Haha. Ohh, Typo...