+455

Valentines Day makes no sense. If I do something really nice and romantic for my girlfriend, noone cares because its expected. If I don't do anything, it just makes me look like an asshole, amirite?

Relationships
1 36

Surprise her the day before. Problem solved

I think gifts and other ways of showing your affection to a loved one should be random, not on specific holidays. I can't stand the non-stop advertisements for every holiday always promoting the same things. "Buy her chocolates!" "Buy her roses!" "Buy mom a gift certificate to bed bath and beyond!!" "Get dad a new razor for Father's Day because we all know that dad's LOVE getting new razors once a year."

StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are +4Reply

I would MUCH rather a guy get me nothing on Valentine's Day and then surprise me at another time.

LittleReds avatar LittleRed Yeah You Are +1Reply
@clever_username agreed! It's also kinda difficult to figure out stuff for them back

for me, I wouldn't care hardly notice if my gf gave me nothing for Valentines day but if she does get me something then that's great

garrettruskamps avatar garrettruskamp Yeah You Are 0Reply
@garrettruskamp ooh that's kinda tough, maybe a bear or chocolates...

i've done a bear :/ I'm thinking a tshirt of a new player on his fav baseball team cause we like rival teams And we talked about going to a game and I know who he wants

@clever_username i've done a bear :/ I'm thinking a tshirt of a new player on his fav baseball team cause we like rival teams And...

that's a very good idea I don't know him well enough to really suggest anything like that haha

@clever_username haha yeah but coming from a dude haha I feel better about it

haha well that's good honestly my friends who are girls helped me get mine so I kinda cheated

@garrettruskamp haha well that's good honestly my friends who are girls helped me get mine so I kinda cheated

what'd ya get? And I found out today that his mom is getting him that... Of course today I did out :(

@clever_username what'd ya get? And I found out today that his mom is getting him that... Of course today I did out :(

ohhh very unlucky I'm sorry :( well its our 1 month/v day so I got chocolates a necklace and roses

@garrettruskamp ohhh very unlucky I'm sorry :( well its our 1 month/v day so I got chocolates a necklace and roses

aw yeah it's our 3 month/ vday well our 3 month is saturday but were mushing them together... Idk what to get now though :(

@clever_username aw yeah it's our 3 month/ vday well our 3 month is saturday but were mushing them together... Idk what to get now...

haha well its difficult coming from me I don't really want anything but her, and idk if hes sentimental if you have pics of you two or like something from 1st date otherwise maybe like a CD of his favorite artists or something doesn't need to be epic I imagine he'd like anything you give him were it me I'd be happy she got something cuz its not really customary for girl to give to the guy

@garrettruskamp haha well its difficult coming from me I don't really want anything but her, and idk if hes sentimental if you have...

is it really? I didn't know that... Uhmm I gave him a pic frame for Christmas :/ and first date was a double date... Nothing really memorable about that... Wait how old are you? Jw

@garrettruskamp 17, you?

15 sorry for being creepy inwas just wondering like if our ideas would be similar if we were about the same. Age

@clever_username how old is ur gf?

she's 16 were juniors what about you?

@clever_username were both 15

oh well that's good your the same age and all

@garrettruskamp oh well that's good your the same age and all

(garrettruskamp):I never really got why it was better to be the same age

@clever_username (garrettruskamp):I never really got why it was better to be the same age

it doesn't matter much once your both 20 or above but it always looks bad to date people more than a grade away from you like if a junior and freshman dated...

@clever_username that's normal where I live... Idk

hmm idk just kinda looked down upon here

@garrettruskamp hmm idk just kinda looked down upon here

oh well I won't be creepy and ask where you live... But that's the max really if you're under 18

EVERYONE, STOP SAYING FUCKING NOONE! THERE IS A FUCKING SPACE!

We opt out of Vday as a couple because it is totally stupid. I don't want some cliche obligatory gift because he feels like he has to, and either does he.