+861

It's messed up that Al Gore won the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize against a woman who risked her life to smuggle more than 2500 Jewish children out of the ghetto during WWII, when all he did was make a slideshow about global warming, amirite?

Politics
14 35

No - he won the Nobel Peace Prize for teaching us the danger that is manbearpig.

Well he did invent the internet, guys...

mchristies avatar mchristie Yeah You Are +20Reply

He deserves nothing over that woman :U

I don't believe in the media's 'global warming' with factories and cars and all (but I believe in natural fluctuations in the earths temperature that change slowly and we cannot control them. Ice Age ftw), but even if I did, it's not like Florida is going to be underwater next week. But saving 2500 children you don't even know and risking your life in the process?

That is what REALLY matters.

(And its not like 2 or 3 billion of people are going to spend there time watching that slideshow, right?)

@He deserves nothing over that woman :U I don't believe in the media's 'global warming' with factories and cars...

(Band Geek<3): Not to mention that Al Gore is the biggest hypocrite ever, and that half the the things he says are outright lies.

@twisted_memories (Band Geek<3): Not to mention that Al Gore is the biggest hypocrite ever, and that half the the things he says are...

ikr. he flies around in his private jet and then says everyone who doesn't drive a hybrid is a terrible person

He should have won a nobel in some area of science.

BreakfastFans avatar BreakfastFan Yeah You Are +13Reply

And the Nobel Prize goes to caller number 7!!
They practically just give the things away these days -___-

@TheCombatWombat And the Nobel Prize goes to caller number 7!! They practically just give the things away these days -___-

(ominousanonymous):I agree. Funny how Obama got it for not really doing anything. Sorry Morgan Changerai, better luck next time.

@TheCombatWombat Why did B.O. get it, exactly?

(ominousanonymous):I thought it was for work he did with the health system. But that's not my country so I don't really know

Yes, but that was one interesting slideshow!

I wish my teachers could present their shit like him!

@KickAss Yes, but that was one interesting slideshow! I wish my teachers could present their shit like him!

Not to mention that informing millions of people about global warming is somewhat more important than saving 2500 lives.

@Courage_Wolf Not to mention that informing millions of people about global warming is somewhat more important than saving 2500 lives.

Al Gore would never have had the balls to do what she did. She risked her own neck to save thousands of people she didn't even know. And after the war, she tried to find the kids reunite the children with their parents.
That's definitely more admirable than making a movie.

fuustoleits avatar fuustoleit Yeah You Are +40Reply

Thank you. 50 years from now, when we are dealing with epic floods, droughts, food and water shortages, and rising water levels, it would become apparent climate change is more important.

Rosss avatar Ross No Way -6Reply
@Ross Thank you. 50 years from now, when we are dealing with epic floods, droughts, food and water shortages, and rising...

That won't happen. "Global warming" is part of a cycle that's been going on since the earth was created. The atmosphere heats up over time, sea levels rise, and then it cools and sea levels go down, and it repeats. I'm tired of hearing about stupid things like global warming.

@whoopsidaisy That won't happen. "Global warming" is part of a cycle that's been going on since the earth was created. The...

Thank you! I am so sick of people who ruin a beautiful sunny day by complaining about global warming. Like, I'm all for being kind to the planet and whatnot, but when you put your paranoia before basic human kindness, that's when it becomes a problem.

fuustoleits avatar fuustoleit Yeah You Are +1Reply

it's actually not a cycle. those cycles take tens of thousands of years to go through, and the earth has experienced drastic warming in the last 100 years or so. in fact, if things were how they should be, the earth would be cooling just a little bit, and sea level would be going down. it usually takes a thousand years to change the earth's temperature .1 degree celcius, not ten years. it also just seems like you'd have some consequences if you dump a hundred million years worth of carbon into the air.

Rosss avatar Ross No Way -4Reply

Was this from Cracked?

I love you you worded this... ALL he did was make a slideshow? -.-

@AntiJokeChicken I love you you worded this... ALL he did was make a slideshow? -.-

Oh sorry. He made a slide show about conserving fuel while flying everywhere in his private jet.

fangirl12s avatar fangirl12 Yeah You Are +6Reply