+128

Alright, let's get this straight. High school cheerleading is no way, no how a sport. Competitive cheerleading is just over enthusiastic gymnasts. Amirite?

Allidoiswin_s avatar
5 20
The voters have decided that Allidoiswin_ is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Sport -noun: an organized, competitive, entertaining, and skillful activity requiring commitment, strategy, and fair play, in which a winner can be defined by objective means. Cheerleading is NOT a sport unless you are in competitive cheerleading.

If anything, Cheer leading is just gymnastics except instead of being by yourself, you're in a group.

anelles avatar anelle No Way +3Reply

and gymnastics isn't a sport now?

@duckshirt and gymnastics isn't a sport now?

She didn't say that. She said High School cheer leading isn't a sport, and competitive cheer leading is just over enthusiastic gymnasts..... Now where in that sentence did she said that gymnastics wasn't a sport?

flipflop386s avatar flipflop386 Yeah You Are +1Reply
@flipflop386 She didn't say that. She said High School cheer leading isn't a sport, and competitive cheer leading is just over...

She said a smilie cheerleading is gymnastics, and that (b) cheerleading isn't a sport. If (c) gymnastics was a sport, then statement (b) would contradict with statement a smilie, therefore this assertion implies that statement (c) is not true.

@duckshirt She said cheerleading is gymnastics, and that (b) cheerleading isn't a sport. If (c) gymnastics was a sport...

Indirectly, yes. But... she didn't directly say
"Gymnastics is not a sport" did she now? Most of the time, people say things not thinking others are going to inspect every aspect of the sentence, and try to find a completely opposite statement that contradicts the speaker.

flipflop386s avatar flipflop386 Yeah You Are -2Reply
@flipflop386 Indirectly, yes. But... she didn't directly say "Gymnastics is not a sport" did she now? Most of the time, people...

actually, I thought the same thing. Because the person said that 'cheerleading isn't a sport, it is just overenthusiastic gymnastics'. I think duckshirt was just breaking down the logic that the op used in the most logical sounding way.

Momokas avatar Momoka No Way +1Reply

i think competitive cheerleading is definitely a sport...that shit is intense. at least at my school, though, cheerleading is definitely NOT a sport. and none of the girls on the squad are popular...all the popular ones are on poms.

@1126152

looks like a tv show to me...

rapemasterflexs avatar rapemasterflex Yeah You Are +2Reply

I hate the whole idea behind cheerleading (lookee all the skimpy-dressed girls cheering on the tough guyz), but I respect the athletic ability taken to perform well on the gymnastic feats.

That being said, the only two 'sports' I have no respect for are golf and Nascar. Possibly horse-back riding. And yes, I've heard all the arguments for them.

Cheerleading isn't just gymnastics. Cheerleaders do gymnastics, dance, cheer (the chants) and stunts.
By the way, some squads, like mine, do both. Cheer for a team and do competitive. It's a sport.

Cheerleading is not a sport. The thing they are cheering for is a sport.

@Cheerleading is not a sport. The thing they are cheering for is a sport.

Did you read the post at all? They said that SCHOOL cheerleading (the cheerleaders who cheer for a sport) is not a sport. However, COMPETITIVE cheerleading (the cheerleaders who cheer against other teams) is a sport.

It IS a sport. If you don't like it, tough shit.

@BeautifulNightmare It IS a sport. If you don't like it, tough shit.

Your mom is tough shit. Showing support for a team by wearing frilly skirts, doesn't qualify it for being a sport

My gosh. The only people who ever defend it being a sport are those who are cheerleaders, know someone who is a cheerleader or are just plain stupid. Cheering for a team is not a sport, if it was then every fan would be playing a sport when they cheer. Putting a few stunts in here or there doesn't matter unless they are competing to win.

@How?

I'll get back to you on that when I get home later today. But for now, I need to leave ._.