+215

Why are they killing solders in Afghanistan? Imagine a little Afghan village with a group of poor people. They only have one TV set in the whole village and they never get informed of anything big. Now imagine a big ass tank going through their village with a bunch of big men in green uniforms with guns. You would definitely assume they are taking over and fight back, amirite?

CatMans avatar Countries & Places
1 14
The voters have decided that CatMan is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

You make Afghanistan sound like backwards community of people who just don't know any better. That's... really condescending.

They know what's going on. Just because TVs aren't as common as they are in more developed countries doesn't mean they're completely blind to what's happening around them. I get that you're trying to make people more sympathetic towards them, but it's really just proving that you know very little about the culture. See, this is the problem with the West's view of the middle east. We're not being taught about their culture in schools, our only understanding of it is from the news, and we're growing up thinking that it's this ignorant society of savages. It's just not like that.

Besides, most civilians in Afghanistan don't mind American soldiers. It's the radicals and extremists who are doing most of the killing.

Now imagine that tiny little village being terrorized into supporting an evil little group called the Taliban. Now imagine these men and their tank coming and fighting the taliban f

@TheSexyWaffle Now imagine that tiny little village being terrorized into supporting an evil little group called the Taliban. Now...

*off and protecting the little villagers and trying to give them a better life. Dont forget why we are there.

@TheSexyWaffle *off and protecting the little villagers and trying to give them a better life. Dont forget why we are there.

Don't forget that the USA brought it on themselves when they went into their country to "help" them. Which they did help them fight against the USSR but they abandoned them as soon as they had won. Leaving them with millions of weapons and no stable government.
Don't get me wrong, I feel bad for the soldiers but I don't feel bad for the USA.

Dameequas avatar Dameequa Yeah You Are +7Reply

When my unit deployed last year, they got rid of 20 tons of IED's (roadside bombs) that kill hundreds of civvie's every year. Also, most civvie's don't mind Americans. They actually like us, since our 68W's take good care of them.

@TheSexyWaffle Thank you for your service.

Youre very welcome. I don't consider myself as a Reservist just yet, since I'm a pre-Basic training n00b. It makes me happy knowing that at least someone appreciates my enlistment, I got a LOT of shit from my family/peers for doing so.

I hate when they kill soldering irons.

Am I the only one that thought of stewie? ahaha YouTube video thumbnail

For some reason, I read "solder" as "spider".

can't forget about their illegal drug opuim

If you feel so bad for them, then go live there. :/