+494

It's odd to think that people in other countries are struggling to learn the same language that comes so easily to you, amirite?

HarryPotterFan777s avatar
2 6
The voters have decided that HarryPotterFan777 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Unless you're currently learning a new language yourself, which gets you thinking about your own language, and you can be all "okay, well, I see how that can be confusing..."

English is one of the easiest languages to learn as a 2nd or 3rd language. Believe me, I know.

@ArnoldVanDerWalt English is one of the easiest languages to learn as a 2nd or 3rd language. Believe me, I know.

(ArnoldVan Der Walt): I heard English is a very very tough language to learn. I guess it just depends on what your first language is. Because if you originally speak German and go to English it's an easier transition than Arabic to English.

(ArnoldVan Der Walt): From experience, it definitely is an easy language to learn (English is my second language).

@AnnDeeva (ArnoldVan Der Walt): From experience, it definitely is an easy language to learn (English is my second language).

probably because the majority of Americans dont speak it correctly so if you make a small mistake like the difference between good and well or were and was nobody notices/cares.

@Cotton1goale: Wow. What a rude, ignorant, and way over generalized statement. Feel better about yourself?