+329

Yo, Bahrain, I'm really happy for you, and Imma let you finish, but Egypt had the best weeks-long protest for demanding fundamental human rights of all time, amirite?

13 16

Hey, we're trying. Give us time. We still haven't had a full week yet.

Katjazzs avatar Katjazz Yeah You Are +12Reply

Yo Egypt imma let you finish, but Tunisia had the best protest for demanding fundamental human rights of all time.

@Unavailable Oh, come on! We beat Tunis's record! They took 26 days, we took 18!

haha wouldn't that mean their's was more drawn-out and revolutionary? Besides, it basically sparked Egypt's :P

@I_Predict_A_Riot haha wouldn't that mean their's was more drawn-out and revolutionary? Besides, it basically sparked Egypt's :P

Technically, no, it was completely different. In Tunis, a guy burned himself and they all started. In Egypt like six people burned themselves and nobody did anything.
It sparked Egypt, yes, because nobody thought it could happen, but the Facebook group that organized Egypt's has been going on since 2006. It was only last year when one of their members was caught and tortured beyond recognition that people really began gearing up for it. Tunis just showed us it was possible. They're pretty awesome.

Unavailables avatar Unavailable Yeah You Are +6Reply
@Unavailable Technically, no, it was completely different. In Tunis, a guy burned himself and they all started. In Egypt like...

o.o... our modern world teacher was talking about how the movement for human rights and liberation in countries was still ongoing and referenced this
can i get a link to this "torturing" thing?

TalkingRices avatar TalkingRice Yeah You Are 0Reply
@TalkingRice o.o... our modern world teacher was talking about how the movement for human rights and liberation in countries was...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De..._Mohamed_Saeed

This is pretty accurate. I just wanted to add he was supposedly also one of the people in the Facebook group going on since 2006 to better Egypt, that's why his death was also extremely personal to them.

Unavailables avatar Unavailable Yeah You Are 0Reply
@TalkingRice he DIED? I heard it was motivated by a lot of young people.

Yeah, and it was actually started by a lot of young people because it was on Facebook, too. The majority of my class went and we're 16-18. At first, maybe, it was a "youth's revolution" but after a while pretty much most of Egypt joined in regardless of age, sex, gender or social status.

@Unavailable Yeah, and it was actually started by a lot of young people because it was on Facebook, too. The majority of my...

I saw on youtube,
some army attacks the protestors
is this egypt? or Bahrin
I think it's Bahrin, but people got shot at and were bleeding, that just wasn't right shooting at peaceful protesters.

@TalkingRice I saw on youtube, some army attacks the protestors is this egypt? or Bahrin I think it's Bahrin, but people got...

in Egypt it wasn't the army, it was the police, they're dressed in black with helmets. Idk if its the army or the police in Bahrain yet, but the same thing did happen to us. About 500 people were killed by our police during the protests.

@Unavailable in Egypt it wasn't the army, it was the police, they're dressed in black with helmets. Idk if its the army or the...

wow...peaceful protests never end well do they :/
That guy in the hospital said something though
"we are in 21st century, we are in a civilized country..then something about why they must act like this"
just pretty dam sad that some random protesters will get shot as a warning for the rest.

Tienanmen Square anyone?

My dad works in Bahrain

meme fail. so old.