+1,440

What if mirrors are really other worlds that only have one purpose: to mimic your world. Let's say you get up to brush your teeth and someone in the mirror-world yells, "We need John Smith in green pajamas brushing his teeth ASAP!" It's pretty cool to think about, amirite?

144 61

I'm always creeped out by the thought of another world in the mirror, because what if the people in the mirror are FORCED to do everything we do? what if they're just minding their own business, but then we walk up and suddenly they have to do everything we do? What if they're cursed into mimicking our every action, no matter how small, and this has caused them to loathe their real world counterpart? What if, while you're looking in the mirror, combing your hair, your counterpart is sitting there seething and trying very desperately to reach through your glass barrier and choke you to death, if only to grant themselves freedom?

meemer147s avatar meemer147 Yeah You Are +217Reply
@meemer147 I'm always creeped out by the thought of another world in the mirror, because what if the people in the mirror are...

I used to think exactly like that as a kid. I thought that the person in the mirror was who I was SUPPOSED to be but something went wrong and now my true self was on the other side of the mirror and I was just the mirror-image in the wrong world. I thought that there was a whole different life i was supposed to be living as a child- that there was "the perfect world" i was supposed to be in but, i was suffocating here. Yeah, that thought really screwed me up as a kid. I mean... what if WE are the mirror-images that you are talking about, but you just don't know it.
I mean, technically we ARE the mirror images because we are the images in the mirror...

Do I sound like a stoner on one of their dazed-philosophical-drug trip-insight-of-the-world rants?

@Your_Stalker I used to think exactly like that as a kid. I thought that the person in the mirror was who I was SUPPOSED to be...

not at all, but if we're the mirror images, then there must be a lot of coincidences xD cause its not like you feel physically forced to fix your hair, you just do it cause you want to, where as in my theory, they dont want to do it at all, but they have to

meemer147s avatar meemer147 Yeah You Are +7Reply
@meemer147 not at all, but if we're the mirror images, then there must be a lot of coincidences xD cause its not like you feel...

No- think about it. What causes you to look into the mirror? Well, nothing. You just look. Feel a longing. Our actions could possibly be dictated by an unseen force, and we are the "other world."

@Kialandi No- think about it. What causes you to look into the mirror? Well, nothing. You just look. Feel a longing. Our...

the way I thought about it was more extreme, like having to look in the mirror irritated our counterparts to the point that they are constantly trying to break free of our actions in order to murder us. like they're consciously using their arm muscles to try to stop combing their hair, but they can't because they're controlled by us.

meemer147s avatar meemer147 Yeah You Are +1Reply
@meemer147 the way I thought about it was more extreme, like having to look in the mirror irritated our counterparts to the...

Right, and that's all very good, but if we are the "other world" then it's possible that it would be subtle. You would go about your daily life, and feel the urge to go to the bathroom. And you'd look in the mirror, creating the link between our "other world" and the "real world." But you wouldn't know it.

@Kialandi Right, and that's all very good, but if we are the "other world" then it's possible that it would be subtle. You...

@1059843 (Kialandi): Get back to reality
you guys are taking it too seriously, but it entertains me.

TalkingRices avatar TalkingRice Yeah You Are -6Reply
@Arcane That is an amazing analysis. And it could be eerily true

yeah I try not to think of it to much xD
also if you look into your own eyes in a mirror for long enough it starts to look like another person is looking back at you

meemer147s avatar meemer147 Yeah You Are +46Reply

Great analysis, but I would rather have that job any day than working at the theater. Sure, working the mirror would interrupt my Nintendo time, but it would only be (at the most) two hours per day (but I don't really play that much in the mirror, so could be horrible.)

WE NEED SALLY JOHNSTON IN SUNGLASSES TAKING 987 PICTURES OF HERSELF!

Montanas avatar Montana Yeah You Are +203Reply
@Montana WE NEED SALLY JOHNSTON IN SUNGLASSES TAKING 987 PICTURES OF HERSELF!

that would suck for the sally Johnston look-alike. She'd have to spend ALL DAY doing nothing but taking mirror pictures :[

meemer147s avatar meemer147 Yeah You Are +27Reply

Sorry...I'm confused...who's sally johnston?
If you said facebook girl I would have gotten it.

@Sorry...I'm confused...who's sally johnston? If you said facebook girl I would have gotten it.

It's John Smith's second cousin, twice-removed on his mother's side, then disowned 'cause nobody liked her anyway.
Don't they teach you anything in school?

Tempest_Trances avatar Tempest_Trance Yeah You Are +17Reply

think of how awkward it must get for the look-alike when someone's naked...

HappyAsASams avatar HappyAsASam Yeah You Are +35Reply
@HappyAsASam think of how awkward it must get for the look-alike when someone's naked...

"we need Jane Smith to play with herself at mirror 319 ASAP!"

lecornergirls avatar lecornergirl Yeah You Are +1Reply

When I was three or four we lived for a few months in a house that had mirrors all over. The bathroom, main room, and front hallway all had full-wall mirrors. I played with my mirror self every day and cried hysterically when we moved because I didn't get to see her as much anymore.

FlyingGuineaPigs avatar FlyingGuineaPig Yeah You Are +33Reply

I named my reflection when I was a kid. Even though my sister always told me it was just a reflection, I still possessed the sneaking suspicion Victoria was real at the time.

nantsingonyamas avatar nantsingonyama Yeah You Are +23Reply

Damn, i thought i was the only one thats ever thought about this lol. Good to know others contemplate this too :]

What if it's just the opposite. What if they're really the ones with free will and they're controlling us.

betsys avatar betsy Yeah You Are +7Reply

What if one day they aren't ready and your forced to wait for someone to show up?

umamaniquas avatar umamaniqua Yeah You Are +5Reply
@umamaniqua What if one day they aren't ready and your forced to wait for someone to show up?

That would be strange looking in the mirror and not seeing anything. I think I would lose my mind

Arcanes avatar Arcane Yeah You Are +14Reply

I haven't got green pajamas...

What if you got mad, and punched the mirror so hard that you go through and are stuck. Then there would be two mes in one world and no mes in the other. Plus what about those places with two mirrors on each side. Wouldn't that mean that there are infinate amounts of other worlds. Oh wait if they do exactly what I do then then if I went through, the other me would go through too. And according to one of the other theories, he hates me and kill all my friends and familly. Plus I have another theory, we force them to do everything we do (because I don't believe in the theory that they are controlling us), so wouldn't they do exactly what we do away from the mirror. So I would be forced to kill my other world familly and friends. ouch My head hurts now.

GigemAggiess avatar GigemAggies Yeah You Are +3Reply

holy shit i have actually thought the exact same thing before

@holy shit i have actually thought the exact same thing before

It's such an absurd idea but its fun to think about

Arcanes avatar Arcane Yeah You Are 0Reply
@1126540

And u dont usually

Fodawins avatar Fodawin Yeah You Are 0Reply

Ha! I totally forgot about how I used to talk to my reflection in any reflective surface whenever I got really lonely/scared when I was a little kid

Oooh. Very good idea for a story.

cupcake12winxs avatar cupcake12winx Yeah You Are +1Reply

Man. This is deep. Well this is only for mirrors though. What about rivers or lakes? Sometimes, you can see your reflection in them too. So do you have a "twin" in a whole other universe that would follow you around everyday? Or is it like...your shadow being your other-self. Because you have a shadow that could be in the other universe...my brain hurts...

@PerryThePlatypus Man. This is deep. Well this is only for mirrors though. What about rivers or lakes? Sometimes, you can see your...

What if your shadow wasn't over the water. You would have two shadows so that can't be true. Sorry if I sound like a troll.

GigemAggiess avatar GigemAggies Yeah You Are 0Reply
@GigemAggies What if your shadow wasn't over the water. You would have two shadows so that can't be true. Sorry if I sound like...

I get that part yeah. I had it two forms of questions...I think. One was the shadow realm (that sounds pretty epic) and then the mirror universe. I've always had this gut feeling that your shadow is your true self. It's you minus any doubts, it's you without any worry clouding your brain. This is such a confusing topic. Having a mirror universe would be interesting though. Because if you punched the mirror, wouldn't your reflection disappear? Almost like you "killed" yourself, but it comes back like a magnet. :)

@GigemAggies Your shadow realm theory is the best theory in these comments. That sounds epic.

Thanks! :D It confuses me a bit since you really need to think it out. Whoo. This is a fun topic~

What if we are the ones to mimic their world?

@What if we are the ones to mimic their world?

That would be pretty confusing. But its plausible which is scary

@Arcane That would be pretty confusing. But its plausible which is scary

what if neither of us are actually forced to 'comb our hair' but both worlds just decided to do that at exactly the same time and place

@Fodawin what if neither of us are actually forced to 'comb our hair' but both worlds just decided to do that at exactly...

That would be such a great coincidence I don't think it would be possible. I means hundreds of people are looking in the mirror at the same time in the world and what's the chance that so are their mirror images?

Arcanes avatar Arcane Yeah You Are +1Reply

What if mirrors are tv screens with worlds smallest cameras on them

so someone's spying on us?

@Arcane so someone's spying on us?

Precisely. I would recommend nobody looks in a mirror until further notice.

Fodawins avatar Fodawin Yeah You Are -1Reply
@1124562

Your imagination

So who needs mirrors

@Fodawin So who needs mirrors

The people that are spying on us.

GigemAggiess avatar GigemAggies Yeah You Are +2Reply
@GigemAggies The people that are spying on us.

But they will have no use if were not in them

What we percieve as reality is what our minds can fathom at the time.
-Lucifer