+172

To me, it's a good idea to always carry two sacks of something when you walk around. That way, if anybody says, "Hey, can you give me a hand?" You can say, "Sorry, got these sacks.", amirite?

dreamer05s avatar
12 43
The voters have decided that dreamer05 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I read this several times because I thought I was missing a pun or something...

I came to this post to see all the comments... And it's just a few people fighting. That's dissapointing

What if they're sacks full of hands...?

At the very least put the post in quotes, for fuck's sake. Don't just steal a quote and hope no one notices.

JACK HANDEY

@acisseJ get over it. It happens all the time

It does.
So does rape, but I guess I should get over it and forget it.
Murder happens really often, so we should get over it.
Child armies are made all over everywhere, we should get over it.

We should only care about things that only happen once, right?

@Nacklefoodle It does. So does rape, but I guess I should get over it and forget it. Murder happens really often, so we should...

You're seriously trying to compare stealing a quote to rape, murder, and child armies? I'm not even going to humor that poorly thought out rebuttal.

@acisseJ You're seriously trying to compare stealing a quote to rape, murder, and child armies? I'm not even going to humor...

I see you completely missed my analogy.
I'm not saying that what he did is that bad, I'm saying that it's an event that happens often yet should not be left alone. I was responding to your ignorant "It happens a lot so get over it" remark.

That's a bad reason to "get over it", and so I presented a few counterexamples to that reason. Would you like some smaller ones so they would be easier for your brain to comprehend?

@Nacklefoodle I see you completely missed my analogy. I'm not saying that what he did is that bad, I'm saying that it's an...

I get what you said, but thank you for needlessly elaborating. Your counterexamples were crimes that harm human beings both mentally and physically. This guy didn't credit a quote. Guess he should receive the same punishment as murderer, huh? You stretched the comparison too far. Those things aren't related except for the fact that they are "bad".

I don't think stealing a quote is a big deal. So I must not think murdering is a big deal either, right?

I understand what you're saying but your argument was shitty and stretched.

@acisseJ I get what you said, but thank you for needlessly elaborating. Your counterexamples were crimes that harm human...

Then look at my explanation two comments below.

Honestly, woman, you're pissing me off. I don't care. And you misunderstood what I'm saying, yet again.
I was not comparing the magnitude of those crimes, but rather the frequency at which they are committed.
Rape happens often, yet people don't forget about it. That's my response to "hey this thing happens a lot so get over it". That's a stupid reason to get over it.

@Nacklefoodle Then look at my explanation two comments below. Honestly, woman, you're pissing me off. I don't care. And you...

She's saying that we won't forget about rape/murder/child armies because they are so severe. And although stealing posts may happen as often as those things, it is not as severe and we can forget about it, or at least relax a bit.

That was my goal.

Also, explaining it more doesn't make your argument any less shitty. You're obviously not getting anything I'm saying either, except I don't really give a shit.

@acisseJ That was my goal. Also, explaining it more doesn't make your argument any less shitty. You're obviously not...

I'm glad this argument is over and I hope (for both of us) that we never speak again.

I was arguing your ignorant statement, and you were arguing some completely different shit about the severity of this post. I know that is's just a quote, I'm just saying give credit. I'm not comparing it to fucking rape.

@Nacklefoodle I'm glad this argument is over and I hope (for both of us) that we never speak again. I was arguing your ignorant...

You really took this personally. And I was thinking no hard feelings. Damn shame. But I think we will anyway; it's a pretty small place here.

Funny thing is, we've already argued about something like this before! Not only was it on my own post, about some joke I copied from the internet along with the 7 other people who posted it apparently, but I still didn't care.

@acisseJ You really took this personally. And I was thinking no hard feelings. Damn shame. But I think we will anyway; it's...

The sentence "get over it. It happens all the time" is stupid. That is all.
I don't care about the post.

@Nacklefoodle The sentence "get over it. It happens all the time" is stupid. That is all. I don't care about the post.

What? We're back to that already? Where did that even come from? All I was saying is that something similar to this happened between us before.

Also, likewise about your shitty comparison.

@acisseJ What? We're back to that already? Where did that even come from? All I was saying is that something similar to this...

You're saying I'm mad about the post, but I don't actually care, I'm mad about your ignorant comment.

@Nacklefoodle You're saying I'm mad about the post, but I don't actually care, I'm mad about your ignorant comment.

Where exactly in my comment did I say that you're mad about the post? If you're referring to "You really took this personally", I wasn't talking about the post. I was talking about our argument since you hoped we would never speak with each other again.

And man, you're pretty harsh. Calling me ignorant when you're the one who makes shitty arguments. But it's ok, I forgive you.

@acisseJ Where exactly in my comment did I say that you're mad about the post? If you're referring to "You really took this...

no smilie This argument/conversation is getting worse and worse. Not only have you called my argument "shitty" about 6 times now, but you misunderstand anything I say by default. I think you and I are fated to hate each other.

Okay, let me explain, you said you didn't care about that old post either, which implies that I do care. But I don't, I just hate your ignorant statement about that thing up there. Honestly, I don't care enough for a ten-comment thread, neither this time nor the other. I just don't care. Saying I should "get over a thing because it's frequent" is fucking bollocks and I just can't ignore it.
This post, however, is nothing special. Let's stop talking, forever please.

@Nacklefoodle This argument/conversation is getting worse and worse. Not only have you called my argument "shitty" about 6...

I'm not reading that and I wish you would realize that I say things to purposely piss you off. Well, except for the fact that I really do think your argument was shitty.

People don't forget about rape because 1. It's illegal. 2. It mentally and physically scars the victim.

I don't think you're going to be crying yourself to sleep at night because someone didn't credit a quote.

J_A_C_Ks avatar J_A_C_K Yeah You Are 0Reply
@J_A_C_K People don't forget about rape because 1. It's illegal. 2. It mentally and physically scars the victim. I don't...

Oh no way man, and here I was thinking rape and not crediting quotes are the same exact thing. I thought they're both so horrible and that's why I commented. In fact, my exact comment was "OMYGOD HOW COULD YOU NOT CREDIT THAT GUY, HE WILL PROBABLY CRY HIMSELF TO SLEEP NOW AND GET STD'S OR WORSE -- PREGNANT. I WILL FIGHT TO PUT OP'S LIKE THIS TO JAIL."

So thank you, for making me realise that this post is not that horrible.
Thank you for opening my eyes. How could I have lived without this knowledge.

@Nacklefoodle Oh no way man, and here I was thinking rape and not crediting quotes are the same exact thing. I thought they're...

I know, you have to be courteous of others now don't you. I mean, if you had created such a wonderful joke as this, wouldn't you want someone to credit it on a website where a whole 100 PEOPLE will see it?
Pssh, I mean, if someone stole my genius material like that, I would probably lock myself in my basement and gouge out my eyes with a rusty spoon.

And I don't know how you could have lived. You probably would have spiraled into a deep state of depression and spent the rest of your lifeless days here on earth sitting in a dark, cold chamber in the fetal position, rubbing a moist sock along your thigh, the only feeling in the world that brings you a sense of comfort. But, since you got me here, you no longer have to worry about that. Your welcome.

Here on amirite, we look out for each other. Other people's feeling come first.

@YeahIAm His point was that just because it happens often doesn't mean it is acceptable.

I get that lol. But those things are entirely unrelated. If he's going to compare them, he sure as hell better think that someone who steals some quote should receive the same punishment as a murderer. Point is, they are bad in completely different ways and in severity.

@1660376

Okay. Here's some smaller examples if those are too difficult for you all to understand.

• I get bad grades a lot, but my parents shouldn't ignore it
  • My sister shouts a lot, but we shouldn't ignore it
  • Some dog poops on the carpet a lot, but his owner shouldn't ignore it

Do you see what I'm saying?
Just because it happens a lot, doesn't mean people should get over it.

I'm not getting "so worked up over this", but rather I'm getting misunderstood at the response of that girl. I really don't care for more than one coment - "Give credit". Really. I don't give a damn.

@Nacklefoodle At the very least put the post in quotes, for fuck's sake. Don't just steal a quote and hope no one notices. JACK...

I know posting unoriginal things is obnoxious, but why are you getting so worked up over this? I agree with acisseJ, it's senseless to compare stealing a post to something actually serious.

@I know posting unoriginal things is obnoxious, but why are you getting so worked up over this? I agree with...

Do you see what I'm saying?

I'm not getting "so worked up over this", but rather I'm getting misunderstood on the response to that girl. I really don't care for more than one coment - "Give credit". Really. I don't give a damn.

@Nacklefoodle Okay. Here's some smaller examples if those are too difficult for you all to understand. I get bad grades a lot...

Ugh... You getting bad grades makes your parents worry that you're going to fail in life. Your sister pisses everyone off, every time she does it. THe dog is still causing inconvenience and money to the owner.

Stealing a quote does not cause any inconvenience, or harm, physical or mental, unless you say it in a speech or something and claim it as your own. I'm pretty sure Jack Handey doesn't use amirite, so OP was just putting the quote on the site. When something happens all the time it becomes the norm. If real damage is cause, you try to change it. If it's soemthing as trivial as this, you should stop giving a shit about it.

B10ckH34ds avatar B10ckH34d Yeah You Are +5Reply
@B10ckH34d Ugh... You getting bad grades makes your parents worry that you're going to fail in life. Your sister pisses...

ono smilie Who cares if it's a quote. I'm arguing her stupid statement! That is all! When will someone understand this? I don't even care anymore if this guy steals shit, I was arguing her stupid reasoning of frequency of an event making it unimportant.

I'm even considering deleting this entire thread just so you would all shut up. And I never delete my comments.

@Nacklefoodle Who cares if it's a quote. I'm arguing her stupid statement! That is all! When will someone understand this?...

I really wanna tell you to stfu and whatnot but everything's been said and yet...you're still not getting it

@Francois I really wanna tell you to stfu and whatnot but everything's been said and yet...you're still not getting it

I'M not getting it? I'm the one who started the sodding argument, yet you all are arguing for something completely different from what I was saying. You think I'm saying this post is fucking murder, while I'm actually saying that girl's comment is stupid. Completely irrelevant things.

@Nacklefoodle I'M not getting it? I'm the one who started the sodding argument, yet you all are arguing for something...

No, it's like someone else said. Murder, rape, etc all harms someone. This in no way harms anyone. Sure it pisses you off, that much is blatantly true, but that doesn't give you the right to get all anal about it. People who act like jackasses for no reason annoy me but hey, I'm being civil at the very least.

@Francois No, it's like someone else said. Murder, rape, etc all harms someone. This in no way harms anyone. Sure it pisses...

Okay, Jesus Christ. All Nacklefoodle is saying is that she used a logical fallacy in her argument. She needed better reasons for her stance. 'It happens a lot' is not an argument for anything. (S)he wasn't relating joke stealing to rape.

Suzywaos avatar Suzywao Yeah You Are +4Reply

lolwut smilie Once again. I don't give a shit about the post. I was arguing the fucking girl's comment, with no relevance whatsoever to murder or to posts or to anything in the world, other than that one specific statement.

"It happens a lot so get over it". This is stupid. I said this is stupid. I'm not talking the post or murder at all.