+41

you feel bad for those people whose job requires them to do the same exact thing every night to entertain others (comedians, game show hosts, touring bands, public speakers, etc.) amirite?

Joe_Larsons avatar
0 15
The voters have decided that Joe_Larson is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

No.
They get to go on tour, which seems to be a generally fun experience. They don't have to worry about not understanding something or having trouble or fucking up because they've done it hundreds of times. They get paid pretty well and/or are somewhat famous. Entertaining people is more fun that working for a corporation or whatever, and a bunch more reasons.

Ram27s avatar Ram27 No Way +11Reply
@1645155

Exactly. I can think of nothing better than playing stadium after stadium filled with fans on a tour

Well, I certainly don't feel bad for them, 'cause those are all awesome jobs, but imagine performing in a play or musical eight times a week, the exact same thing every time. I'd have a really hard time going into each performance with the same energy as I did the first one.

@ctiscooler Well, I certainly don't feel bad for them, 'cause those are all awesome jobs, but imagine performing in a play or...

True. I was in a play though, and it didn't go on as long as tours, but it was for two weeks, and, while its different for everyone, i just loved the atmosphere of it every night.

@cookiedough True. I was in a play though, and it didn't go on as long as tours, but it was for two weeks, and, while its...

That sounds like so much fun! I auditioned for one of those at my school, hopefully I'll make it. Digressions aside, what about a Broadway musical? That would be the job of a lifetime, but you'd do the same damn thing year upon year. People say the audience is what makes it fun, but I went to Book of Mormon twice, only a couple months apart, and the audience was so much more jaded by the second time. I don't know how I would do it if it were me.

Those kinds of careers people usually choose because they like doing them. Especially comedians and bands.

Game show hosts a little bit, but all the rest of them not at all. You only get involved in that kind of thing if you like it.

No. I don't feel bad for them at all. People would kill for that job, and their fricking rich. Then they go and complain, it's annoying.

As a (non-professional) actress, I respectfully disagree. Being able to explore my character with a different audience for weeks on end is an amazing experience.

...but most jobs involve doing the same (or similar) thing daily. The difference is what repetitive thing you do, and the amount you make doing it.

Juless avatar Jules No Way +1Reply