+327

Racism would not be an issue if everyone would stop obsessing over the differences we have and remember that our race is actually "The human race" and our similarities are more problematic than our differences. Also it should not be less acceptable to insult my asian friend for being asian, than it is to insult my fat friend for being fat, or my stupid friend for being stupid. amirite?

6 22

I like that this is right above the racist joke about Cho Chang.

fangirl12s avatar fangirl12 Yeah You Are +24Reply
@fangirl12 I like that this is right above the racist joke about Cho Chang.

Yeah i was told that a screenshot of this made amiwrong? so cheers to the person clever enough to spot and submit that.

Lets take our minds away form all this drama, I would just like to say I like this post because I have been dealing with a bunch of ignorant people lately. People saying I can't like guys outside my race. I just don't think color should make a difference.

sincerelykats avatar sincerelykat Yeah You Are +6Reply

people can't help their ethnicity, so it's wrong to judge them by that. it's also wrong to judge them for being fat or stupid, but not in the same way as it is to judge them by their race.

Why would you insult an Asian? You'd soon be crushed by giant, transforming cars or something of the sort.

Daemoines avatar Daemoine Yeah You Are +2Reply
@Daemoine Why would you insult an Asian? You'd soon be crushed by giant, transforming cars or something of the sort.

I would more likely insult an asian if there was any chance of a giant robot fight. Totes.

This post would be good if you hadn't included the "can't" insult fat or stupid people. Fat and stupid people do that stuff to themselves. It's easy to lose weight or try to learn something. You can't change your race though.

@This post would be good if you hadn't included the "can't" insult fat or stupid people. Fat and stupid people do...

Really? Wow my bad. Could you introduce me to all the people you know that think they are fat and stupid but like being fat and stupid so they stay that way? Here i was thinking that ignorance was a curse but now you have shown me its just plain lazy. Ktyvmwwby.

@Really? Wow my bad. Could you introduce me to all the people you know that think they are fat and stupid but like...

How about everyone? The majority of people who are overweight are that way of their own accord, not that many are because of health problems that cause them to not be able to gain weight. And with stupid people, they are stupid because they don't pay attention in school and nobody wants to be stupid so all they have to do is crack a book open. Nobody is born either obese or stupid so your analogy involving those two things and racism is totally wrong. Now if you had said disabled and mentally retarded that would be a seperate conversation.

@1069472

How about you read the fucking post you're replying to? I ALREADY SAID THAT. i said that unless they have a disease that causes them to gain weight or if they have a mental disability then that's not an issue. But the majority of people who are overweight are not bc of health issues its because they're lazy and like to stuff their face. And its entirely different to get health issues AFTER you are fat that makes it hard for you to lose weight than if you had health issues BEFORE you were fat that actuappy caused you to get fat in the first place.

@How about everyone? The majority of people who are overweight are that way of their own accord, not that many are...

Even if people are fat because they do eat too much and not because of genetic/medical problems/hormone problems/medication it is usually because of psychological problems and insulting them isn't going to help, it shouldn't be acceptable to make fun of them. As for being stupid there is much more to it than "pick up a book you moron" again there could be many different reasons making it harder for them to learn (this is assuming by stupid you mean just book smart and not socially stupid or whatever) an example may be the kid who's parents are neglectful so when they get home from school they just look after their little siblings and doesn't put getting good grades high on their priority list. No one is 100% perfect and good at everything so we SHOULD stop obsessing over differences and try and be kind to each other.

SpearmintMilks avatar SpearmintMilk Yeah You Are +3Reply

btw being a sarcastic asswipe about it doesn't make your point any more valid; in fact it makes it seem more idiotic, which it is, so no wonder why it seems that way.

@btw being a sarcastic asswipe about it doesn't make your point any more valid; in fact it makes it seem more...

There is nothing that i can do or say to make my point any more valid. It is an opinion and no more or less valid than any other opinion. And my personal opinion is not that people do not get fat or lack knowledge because they choose to but because they do not have the sufficient information to be anything else. But because most people KNOW how to keep their weight down or keep up with news they assume others just don't want to. I think this assumption is silly, because it would be racist of me to call someone in a third world country stupid, since they cant access the information i can. But if i just assume somebody in my country has all the access i do and therefor is stupid for no reason but laziness that is ok, even if they DON'T have the ability to learn as much as i have. Blaming someone for being stupid makes as much sense as blaming them for their country. But its not your fault you don't think so :)

@There is nothing that i can do or say to make my point any more valid. It is an opinion and no more or less valid...

lol it's funny you think opinions mean something when there's no facts to back it up. My opinion is that 12+3=75,000. Are you going to agree that mh opinion is valid? No because it's a bullshif opinion. Everybody knows how to lose weight and everybody knows how to gain knowledge. And it wouldn't be racist to call someone in a third world country stupid....that is NOT the definition of racism. I can see I'm talking with an idiot, so when you actually learn about what you're speaking of come back and we'll have a real debate.

@lol it's funny you think opinions mean something when there's no facts to back it up. My opinion is that...

Oh and for the record asking me if i am going to agree with something, then going on to tell me whether i will agree with it or not, its not technically going to win you the argument.

Yes the opinion that 12=3=75,000 is a valid opinion given the right context. This is the issue i feel you are struggling with. Context. You know those "facts" that you need to back up an opinion? Yeah well all those facts were just opinions once. And at one point all the facts that those opinions were based on were just opinions themselves. Nothing you can tell me is anything but a human concept and it is WELL known that sometimes the human concept believed by most (which would make it fact) is actually inaccurate. But its cool, hit me up when you figure out the earth is not flat, the sun doesn't move around us, cheating on your husband doesn't make you a satanist and people can't help being ignorant. Of course just because i think you are ignorant doesn't mean i think i am not.

@Yes the opinion that 12=3=75,000 is a valid opinion given the right context. This is the issue i feel you are...

No it was not a valid opinion at all and could never be valid in any concept. I think you are trying to continue your point when it's moot and completely dead on the ground. And when people questioned the science back in the day it wasnt just an opinion it was a hypothesis, which is a bit more than an opinion because before they even formed the thought of questioning the ideas from back then they saw proof that there was a chance that everybody was wrong...so no not JUST an opinion. And unless you were born with a mental disability you can help being ignorant. As i said earlier if you had stated mentally retarded rather than just the general word stupid we wouldnt be having this discussion. Unless you think its fair to call anyone with bad grades retarded? That way we cant make fun of them for being stupid cause its wrong to make fun of mentally retarded people. Do you want to do that instead? We can start with you.

@No it was not a valid opinion at all and could never be valid in any concept. I think you are trying to continue...

OK This is how it breaks down. My argument is that you are ignorant, but that its not your fault so i don't have anything against you. Your argument is that i am ignorant, and its my fault coz i should know better. So lets assume you are right and i am 100% wrong. Even if i am wrong wouldn't the world be better if we didn't just assume that if someone has a fault then they chose to have it? Maybe i am wrong but i think my point of view would make life easier. So it can be wrong and valid. Also the problem we are having with each other is not our difference, the idea of who is to blame, its is our similarity, the idea that we should be able to insult the ignorant, no matter who is to blame. Its all kind of a silly argument because you are arguing for the side of malice and me for the side of being argumentative. What kind of win can either of us hope for that we have not already achieved?