+309

Gay men have to face society while being judged constantly for being who they are, and aren't considered manly. Stereotypical straight men drink beer, watch the NFL and NASCAR while sitting on their chair that nobody else in their family can sit on, and are considered extremely manly. Gay men are way more manly then a stereotypical straight man. amirite?

HillariousBastards avatar
5 23
The voters have decided that HillariousBastard is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Anyone who spends hours watching nascar loses their manliness

steelerman113s avatar steelerman113 Yeah You Are +32Reply

How about anyone who is a man, has male characteristics, and is therefore manly. not into the whole gay superiority thing. everyone's equal.

@Avettbrothersaregods How about anyone who is a man, has male characteristics, and is therefore manly. not into the whole gay superiority...

I am using the stereotypical definition of a man, not the dictionary definition. I think you're over analyzing the post. But I agree with you, everybody is equal.

My boyfriend's boss is a beer drinking, football watching, race-car driving gay man. Not all gay men are feminine.

I'm pretty sure any sterotypical man is seen as working outside, not sitting inside watching sports.

tea_s avatar tea_ No Way +6Reply
@tea_ I'm pretty sure any sterotypical man is seen as working outside, not sitting inside watching sports.

stereotypes are defined differently by everyone, so that may be your way of seeing it but I see a stereotypical man as much more than working outside.

So, if I go shopping with my girls every Friday, then get a mani/pedi, and not give a fuck what other people think, I'm manly?
Let's see how this works out.

Yes, it is stereotypical that guys who watch sports, drink beer, etc. are manly. Does that mean they are always right? No. Stereotypes are not a good thing or a bad thing. Every single person does it because it is human nature to group things together. Every stereotype is correct in some way but always has an exception. Plus, everyone has a different idea of what "manly" is.

I'm pretty sure everyone has been stereotyped... but I don't think most people constantly worry what others think. How you handle judgement doesn't define what a man is. And who a guy is attracted to doesn't make him less of a man. .....and just because a guy wants to relax with a beer watching a game doesn't mean he's not a man either...

Gay guys are so manly they have SEX with men.

I never said they were, I said STEREOTYPICAL. Meaning what most people think, and sadly, most people think gay men are feminine, and for the most part, they're not.

@HillariousBastard I never said they were, I said STEREOTYPICAL. Meaning what most people think, and sadly, most people think gay men...

A large number of gay men are feminine. Having said that, fight club was written by a gay guy and it's one of the all time manpower movies.

Except for the whole liking penises deal. That's the stereotypical female.

There are other men besides those who are gay that have to face "manliness" stereotypes. Not all straight men enjoy beer, sports Pr being stubborn with their family.

Wynauts avatar Wynaut Yeah You Are -1Reply

Wait so a gay guy is manlier than me because he faces judgement? You know why manly straight men are manly? Cause they have confidence and don't take shit from anyone and don't care what people have to say about them, not worrying if someone if someone is going to judge their new haircut, etc.

adams avatar adam No Way -2Reply
@adam Wait so a gay guy is manlier than me because he faces judgement? You know why manly straight men are manly? Cause...

So you're saying gay men don't have confidence and don't take shit from anyone and don't care what people have to say about them, not worrying if someone if someone is going to judge their new haircut, etc.?

You described a stereotypical redneck male not a real man. A real man goes out and takes off his suit to reveal his alter-ego.... SUPERMAN!!!