+344

Now that you're older, it's feels weird watching old Bugs Bunny cartoons because you see the underlining racist messages, amirite?

riris avatar
3 9
The voters have decided that riri is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

They underlined them? How did I never notice this?

*underlying

That's the kind of mistake Michael Scott would make.

@*underlying That's the kind of mistake Michael Scott would make.

Stanley: It's collard greens
Michael: That doesn't make sense. You don't call them 'collard people'... that's offensive.

Yes it is underlying, but ignoring that fact; they aren't underlying, they are there because they were originally racist. There are old episodes that are extremely racist.

@Cassileigh16 Yes it is underlying, but ignoring that fact; they aren't underlying, they are there because they were originally...

Really? I always loved that show, but I only watched it when I first came to America and I didn't understand English. It doesn't come on anymore so I haven't seen it in a while. Give me some examples (if you will) and let me try to remember it

@jaydakinsss Really? What do theysaw in them?

To both of you, i don't know exactly which ones, but we watched one 2 months ago in history and they were definitely racist. One that popped up while googling was "all that and rabbit stew", which I'm pretty sure refers to slavery (I didn't watch but the first 20 seconds to see the title)

i think youre just overanalyzing it dude. explain a racist scene