+196

people dont give swimming enough credit for how hard it is, amirite?

Sports
1 8

Swimming isn't difficult unless you're under treacherous conditions, or just don't have the ability to swim well. If you said competitive swimming, I may have agreed.

@Montana Swimming isn't difficult unless you're under treacherous conditions, or just don't have the ability to swim well...

It's tagged under sports. I think it's implied that OP isn't talking about a leisurely day at the beach.

@chocolatecakeisbad It's tagged under sports. I think it's implied that OP isn't talking about a leisurely day at the beach.

It doesn't have to be competitive swimming for it to be a sport. Swimming at the beach or in your back yard is still a sport.

@It doesn't have to be competitive swimming for it to be a sport. Swimming at the beach or in your back yard is...

No. No it isn't. That's like saying that playing HORSE in your driveway is playing a sport.

Swimming is one of the hardest sports because you're constantly moving and using so many muscles at the same time!:)

Mollieees avatar Mollieee Yeah You Are +4Reply

I wouldn't say it difficult, I'd say it's very tiring.

@AnnDeeva I wouldn't say it difficult, I'd say it's very tiring.

It takes a lot of practise to get the correct stroke...

Mollieees avatar Mollieee Yeah You Are 0Reply

"'Oh you mean that thing you do instinctively so you don't drown?'" 'Yeah, he's just really fast at it."