+392

Hallmark has children's books that you can record with the parent's voice reading the story. Whatever happened to parents just snuggling into bed with their kid at bedtime and reading them a story, amirite?

Marys avatar
6 10
The voters have decided that Mary is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

It's probably for divorced parents, where the kid doesn't get to have story time with daddy every night like he used to. Or for grandparents that lie out of state.

Chapsticks avatar Chapstick Yeah You Are +15Reply
@Chapstick It's probably for divorced parents, where the kid doesn't get to have story time with daddy every night like he...

I understand that there could be legitimate reasons for them but the whole idea of it just depresses me if parents just send their kids to bed with the recorded book.

Marys avatar Mary Yeah You Are +4Reply
@Mary I understand that there could be legitimate reasons for them but the whole idea of it just depresses me if parents...

i'm pretty sure no parent goes "oh sorry honey i'm too busy to read to you, but here, have this card with my recorded voice on it"

Piggys avatar Piggy No Way -1Reply

It could be for parents who are about to go over seas and their kids won't get to see them or hear their voice for a while.

It would be a really really great thing for a kid to have if the parent died after the book was recorded.

wars, terminal cancer, divorce, vacations, business trips, need i say more?

my sister and b-i-l are going overseas for a week for their adoption court appearance. I will be watching their first child who they are very upset about leaving. I'm going to search now to order one of these books.