0 53

For their first car a 16 year old needs something that just gets from A to B.

528491s avatar 528491 No Way +17Reply
@and wouldn't a Mercedes SLK accomplish this?

you might be overlooking the word "just" in my previous comment.

528491s avatar 528491 No Way -1Reply
@what else does it do?

have you never heard the saying or are you just being difficult? I mean that a teenager needs a car that runs, it could be a piece of shit but if it runs it's good, they don't need some fancy Mercedes.

528491s avatar 528491 No Way +6Reply
@528491 have you never heard the saying or are you just being difficult? I mean that a teenager needs a car that runs, it...

If the person has enough money to afford a high-quality car, why shouldn't they have a high-quality car? Obviously it's not a "need," but there's nothing wrong with it.

DanielJamess avatar DanielJames Yeah You Are +10Reply
@DanielJames If the person has enough money to afford a high-quality car, why shouldn't they have a high-quality car? Obviously...

Just because teenagers are inexperienced so IMO you should wait to get a nicer car when you're less likely to wreck it. Almost all my friends who drive have damaged their cars in some way. For example my friend got a brand new Impala and totaled it beyond repair. If it had been a crappy car it wouldn't have been as big a deal.

528491s avatar 528491 No Way +2Reply
@528491 Just because teenagers are inexperienced so IMO you should wait to get a nicer car when you're less likely to wreck...

Obviously a wrecked brand new, high-quality car seems like a big deal to you and I, but if the person had enough money to buy the car in the first place...they probably can afford damages to it too. Who cares what other people drive anyway?

DanielJamess avatar DanielJames Yeah You Are +4Reply
@DanielJames Obviously a wrecked brand new, high-quality car seems like a big deal to you and I, but if the person had enough...

I think it's a waste of money but if you want to spend that much on a car and then even more repairing it that's completely your choice.

528491s avatar 528491 No Way -4Reply

No. You are completely wrong. A 16 year old obviously deserves a Lamborghini. For everything they did for their parents and their country.

pb55020s avatar pb55020 No Way +15Reply

Haha In my town it's completely normal for teenagers to get these types of cars and most of them wreck them within the first week.

SPOILED FOOL

Well, is it brand new off the lot? Cuz if that's the case then I hope your dad has so much money he makes suits out of it. My dad "bought" me my first car, a standard '96 sunfire coupe, and I have to pay him back the $1000 he spent on it

IMO, 16 year olds shouldn't even be driving.

@dzukac IMO, 16 year olds shouldn't even be driving.

I'm 14 and I can drive to school and back legally.

calebs avatar caleb No Way +1Reply
@caleb I'm 14 and I can drive to school and back legally.

Where? I can only drive with my rents till I get my license in august

@528491 probably a hardship license

My school is a consolidation school between 3 towns. It's in the middle of the country and about 5 miles between each town. When you're 14 you can apply for a learning permit, then take the driving test for a school permit.

calebs avatar caleb No Way 0Reply

As a teen driver of a Mercedes (yes, I am prepared for lots of comments calling me a spoiled bitch), I can say yes. They're very safe cars and they run like a dream. I'm not too sure on the gas mileage on that specific model, but they usually get a good amount.

As for the money, we can afford it because both of my parents' cars are paid off, and my mom figures that it will be cheaper in the long run because I don't have to keep on buying cars that are old/in bad condition. Basically one and you're done for a good while. As for later cars, I'm going to pick a good car for a good price, not just because of the brand.

That's a good car for anyone... my friend drives one and I can tell you, he's happy with it

@1191111

(TheObliviousPanda):Haha, top gear.

I HATE kids who get shit like that as their first car! I'm probably just jealous but seriously, its so unnecessary. A lot of first time drivers get in a few minor accidents in their first yeear of driving. It just seems like such a damn waste.

If I had money, I would probably buy one for my (future) daughter... (If I have one). However, the cost and maintenance of buying one is just not practical if you don't have that much money to spare.

I'm a 16 year old and although I do like the SLK, I think its more of a car for older people. I know it's sporty and all but Mercedes is more of a rich old person car than a "cool" car for teenagers. Look at a Porsche 911 or something like that. It's a nice, expensive car thats cooler for teenagers to have.

@1191025

Uhhh no she is not poor, maybe she doesnt want to be a spoiled douche like you, and actually uses a car to get places

@1191025

Most people are poor and most teenagers don't even get a car as a present, they buy it themselves.

@1191348

No it's the fact that you put up an expectation for everyone. Not everyone can be having wonderful cars, some can't even have a car. So just fuck off and respect her choice

@1191850

Actually dummy, I am not poor, I just am not a douche

@1191858

unless you're that anon, I wasn't replying to you.

@1191865

DanielJames actually has a good point, you on the other hand are just trolling.

@1192052

I'm done talking to you troll

@1192060

I'm not trying to look tough, it probably looks that way though because I didn't have to go anonymous to insult someone.

@1192185

True. I insulted you without going anon, how is that false?

If your parents can afford the cost and insurance, then absolutely.

Clay_s avatar Clay_ Yeah You Are -1Reply

If you get an expensive first car, where are you going to go from there (other than newer models)? You're starting off spoiled. No one is saying to get a shitty car but a normal one that drives well will do. I got my mom's honda accord as a first car and I've been perfectly fine with that. I plan on keeping it until it dies on me

I personally don't think that anyone should be given a car for managing to stay alive for 16 years.

Try Ford Focus, because it's cheap, cute, and fun to drive, plus it offers the innovative SYNC system.

Well..I have read all of the comments about young first driversbeing gifted expensive cars...I am a mum with a 16 year old son( we live in Australia) and the last thing I would buy for my son is an expensive car.
The main reason is ...if we buy him a merc as his first car,( and he has been bought up with them, both his mum and dad and grandparents have always driven these cars) it would not benefit him as a young man with goals and aspirations.. He knows you need to strive and work hard for whatever you would like in life. If I chose to hand him this on platter this is definately to his detriment as a young man learning to make his way in this world and he will work hard for this if that is what he chooses..He knows you can have anything materially in life if you work hard ans smart...but it is not everythinhg.,.

Anonymous