+229

You've always wondered why there's a white crayon but not a white marker. amirite?

Relationships
2 14

It wouldn't really show up. Say you were writing on black paper. Crayons work by rubbing off on the paper, leaving a trail of the waxy substance. Therefore you can see the white wax against the black paper. But markers work by letting ink soak into the paper, so the white color would just get lost in the black of the paper and you can't see it.

qwerty123s avatar qwerty123 Yeah You Are +7Reply

I've actually never wondered that...but good point

I've also always wondered why this post is in the love category

Tuckers avatar Tucker Yeah You Are +6Reply

I feel as though I'd have more uses for a white marker.

Shugahs avatar Shugah Yeah You Are +5Reply

Probably because it wouldn't show up as good. I dunno.

I used to love writing messages in white crayon on white paper.

@DandyLion I used to love writing messages in white crayon on white paper.

And then coloring over it with marker to see the hidden message :)

Because you can use white crayons on colored paper and see white but markers just bleed into it and just make it look like a wet trail, not white. Also because you can blend crayon colors but it you tried to blend marker colors it would just change the white marker's color to whatever color you were trying to blend it with.

White ink? Wouldn't work on dark paper.

I have a white marker... You use it over top of special coloured markers and then the colour changes.

Oops that wasn't supposed to go up twice. Haha sorry