+716

You sometimes want to go back to the days of beautiful dresses and dapper suits, where everyone was chivalrous and the automobile was the newest technology, amirite?

AmazingWingedGirls avatar
34 23
The voters have decided that AmazingWingedGirl is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Yes'm. But if I could, I'd be born in 1950, by 1963 when The Beatles started I'd be 13, and in 1968 I'd be 18, perfect time for the Who, Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd! :D

Toriajaynes avatar Toriajayne Yeah You Are +17Reply

as much as i hate fluffy dresses and ribbons, i think it would be fun. just for a week, though.

x22s avatar x22 Yeah You Are +15Reply

Why would I want to back to a time when sexism, racism, and homophobism were even more prevalent than they are today?

@Why would I want to back to a time when sexism, racism, and homophobism were even more prevalent than they are today?

So in the 20's you could help protest and create woman's rights, and in 50's and 60's African American rights, and actually help stop it all!!!

Toriajaynes avatar Toriajayne Yeah You Are +11Reply

Yeah, but if we did, we would probably be begging to go back or ruining the past by showing people advanced technology or getting rich off of our knowledge of the future

Momokas avatar Momoka Yeah You Are +7Reply
@Momoka Yeah, but if we did, we would probably be begging to go back or ruining the past by showing people advanced...

by this post, i mean, you sometimes want to go back to those days and not know about all the stuff we have now

@AmazingWingedGirl by this post, i mean, you sometimes want to go back to those days and not know about all the stuff we have now

who says we didn't already do it then and just don't remember? If we don't remember, it we could be in a simpler time and not even know it. Like maybe a time machine was invented but in order to be allowed to go in the past(the current present) we would have to forget everything, and we were like "Screw memories! If I could just be back in the 2000's!" and here we are, but we don't know it.
I know I'm taking this too far, I was just joking to begin with. But I just got to thinking, the grass is always greener on the other side, you know?

Momokas avatar Momoka Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Momoka who says we didn't already do it then and just don't remember? If we don't remember, it we could be in a simpler...

i think you're taking this post a little too seriously lol. i definitely see your reasoning, but all i really meant by this post was wouldnt it be cool to go back to "the old days" sometimes?

@AmazingWingedGirl i think you're taking this post a little too seriously lol. i definitely see your reasoning, but all i really...

haha, I definitely agree with you though. I just read Little Woman and it seems like back in those days you just went from a mutual liking to proposal without that stupid dating and having to worry if it's too soon or if they'll ever stop loving you and cheat with that slut down the street, lol. But then again, it was just a book.... :'(

Momokas avatar Momoka Yeah You Are -1Reply
@Momoka haha, I definitely agree with you though. I just read Little Woman and it seems like back in those days you just...

but it was based on how life actually was back then...i wanna go back so bad sometimes

Yeah! Back to the time where women's rights were a joke, cholera and other diseases ran rampant, there was no medical advancements, work conditions were terrible, and where I would have five childen by 18? Oh boy, sign me up!

I miss when it was fun to dress up in really pretty dresses! Now it seems like people will make fun of me.

Slendermans avatar Slenderman Yeah You Are +5Reply

You know, then just die before The Great Depression. :-)

BowtieMasters avatar BowtieMaster Yeah You Are +5Reply

I think it would be great to go back and not have to worry about getting your friend request on Facebook rejected, or your phone battery dying...im not saying i dont love today's technology, but it seems like as more technology is developed, people are becoming more and more oblivious to the finer things in life.

plus, the dresses back then were gorgeous

I just saw Les Miserables today and i kept thinking "God I know so many guys who would look so hot in those suits."

ClaireTheBozos avatar ClaireTheBozo Yeah You Are 0Reply
@ClaireTheBozo I just saw Les Miserables today and i kept thinking "God I know so many guys who would look so hot in those suits."

has your school ever done dress your best day? the guys all loks so great in suits, im not even kidding...i really wanna go back to like the 1900's and see what it was like

oh my god, i think this every day.
you are SO right!

@oh my god, i think this every day. you are SO right!

haha thanks...i think about it a lot too

If by sometimes you mean always

super_cucumbers avatar super_cucumber Yeah You Are -1Reply
@super_cucumber If by sometimes you mean always

yeah...i'd love to go back and live like they did in the 1910's and 1920'2...it'd be great, i think