+228

If you think about it, everything we do is actually for our own benefit. Be nice to someone? gain a friend. Donate to the needy? Feel good about yourself. Nobody really does anything purely out of good will. amirite?

NoSoapRadios avatar
5 17
The voters have decided that NoSoapRadio is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Friends reference :D

@randomstef Friends reference :D

No it's not. I'm a very philosophical panda.

NoSoapRadios avatar NoSoapRadio Yeah You Are +10Reply
@NoSoapRadio No it's not. I'm a very philosophical panda.

OHHHH you changed your name from philosophical to penis??? I knew there was something different!

Oh
kays
well i will believe you then
in my head it's a Friends reference though
But very true :]

@1098653

I am disappoint

NoSoapRadios avatar NoSoapRadio Yeah You Are 0Reply

Well I know pandas watch Friends :o

@randomstef Well I know pandas watch Friends :o

I honestly thought of this on my own, mmmk. I should publish this as the "Philosophical_Panda Theory of Human Kindness"

NoSoapRadios avatar NoSoapRadio Yeah You Are +1Reply

The things you get for doing charity are things you give yourself. So are you really receiving something? Are you really gaining personally from it since you already had what you are giving to yourself?

Well, even if one did something for good will, they can't help but feel good. It's not being selfish to feel happy because you made someone else's life better.

I've thought about this too, it's a very depressing thought.

tags avatar tag Yeah You Are 0Reply

i've seen this as a post at least twice. can i say, repeat?

well if you want to look at it that way, their technically is no such thing as "good will" so there's no point in saying that the acts are selfish.

Wynauts avatar Wynaut Yeah You Are 0Reply

ah the good old altruism debate. just about as decided as religion, law, racism, etc.

Nobody believes me when I talk about how each act is led by egoism.

Stwentytwos avatar Stwentytwo Yeah You Are -1Reply