+508

It's pretty mind-blowing to think that if someone was in jail for 40 years and just got out today, they wouldn't know what an Ipod is, an Xbox, or even a DVD player. amirite?

invasion23s avatar
15 19
The voters have decided that invasion23 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Not like I've been to jail before... but don't they have TV in jail? Like once a week they get to watch an hour of TV?

@alovelyukulele Not like I've been to jail before... but don't they have TV in jail? Like once a week they get to watch an hour of TV?

I'm not really sure to be honest. but if they were to watch TV i don't think they'd know about much.

invasion23s avatar invasion23 Yeah You Are +1Reply
@invasion23 I'm not really sure to be honest. but if they were to watch TV i don't think they'd know about much.

Also, they would find out about technology from people who just got into the jail. If I was in jail, I would want to know as much as possible about what was happening in the real world.

At least in Michigan, I know that prisoners actually get satellite TV. It's pathetic that amenities for those who have been removed from society for a reason are still being provided when that money could be going to better things such as paying off the state debt.

@soconfused At least in Michigan, I know that prisoners actually get satellite TV. It's pathetic that amenities for those who...

dude giving prisoners nothing to do and making them just chill there by themselves and with other dangerous criminals is harsh. satelite is like 25$ aq month

@dicky dude giving prisoners nothing to do and making them just chill there by themselves and with other dangerous...

There are more productive things they could be doing. The whole point of prison is making people repay their debts to society.

@soconfused There are more productive things they could be doing. The whole point of prison is making people repay their debts...

productive? like what send them out laundrey? lol they need to have soemthing to do work and bordom is not a fit punishment its concidered "cruel and unsual"

my cousin has been in prison for twelve years and he has a facebook that he goes on with his phone, he also has a girlfriend who goes to all our family parties, he gets out in a year :D

Yeah, wow, that is definitely not how it works. You could have said something like that about the Amish, or people in villages in a third world country, or someone who woke up from a coma, but people in jail? Really?

Besides TV, they can also be visited once a week... they aren't living in a bubble.

WTF? That's not true, they have televisions in jail and I'm pretty sure they'd be able to tell from the commercials what all that stuff is.

My school visited the ACI recently, and some of the prisoners told us about this. Like, technically they know what some of the recent inventions are but, they don't know what they look like, or how they function. One of the prisoners told us that they had never been on the internet before. It's pretty crazy.

shannonnns avatar shannonnn Yeah You Are +3Reply

Like said above, minimum security prisons are equivalent to living in a lower middle-class home, but you're not allowed out. (MANswers)

The_Chosen_Ones avatar The_Chosen_One Yeah You Are +2Reply

This reminds me of Brooks from The Shawshank redemption. When he got in prison there were no cars, and when he got out, they were everywhere.

Prisoners probably have heard of all those stuff, but coming back to a very changed society after decades must be scary.

I was definitely just thinking about this earlier today... freaky

itsjustraes avatar itsjustrae Yeah You Are +1Reply