+378

If it's okay to complain once in a while it should be acceptable to brag occasionally too, amirite?

Slendermans avatar
2 9
The voters have decided that Slenderman is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

As long as you're not obnoxious, both are acceptable.

@twisted_memories As long as you're not obnoxious, both are acceptable.

I agree completely. I told my friend that I was on the team that won a national competition (she asked me if I played a sport) and she said something along the lines of "That's really braggy. I'm okay with it but if you tell anybody else that they will get annoyed because that's a very bitchy thing to say." and then she left.
...umm...

Slendermans avatar Slenderman Yeah You Are +4Reply
@Slenderman I agree completely. I told my friend that I was on the team that won a national competition (she asked me if I...

That's stupid. You obviously worked very hard and deserve to be proud of your achievement.

I tell people I'm a black belt because I'm proud and I worked for years to get where I am. There's nothing wrong with that. If I was going around saying, "Oh, well I'm an amazing black belt, look at all my medals and how awesome I am!" then that would be an issue. But if the topic comes up, it's something I'd tell because I'm proud, and if people ask about it, I'll tell them.

@Slenderman Yeah, and NICE!

Thanks.

And what sport do you play? That's a pretty big deal to win a national competition.

@Slenderman Cheerleading, if you consider that a sport xD Some would disagree

I absolutely consider it a sport. It is NOT easy, and if you're actually competing, then it's totally legitimate. Some "teams" stand on the sidelines waving pom poms about and chanting and nothing else, and that's not what I consider cheerleading to be.

I'm not a cheerleader, but I have friends who are/were and it is most definitely a sport!

LittleReds avatar LittleRed Yeah You Are +3Reply

Dammit. I lost.

DontJudges avatar DontJudge Yeah You Are 0Reply