+148

Is it plagiarism if artists don't cite the type of canvas or brand of paint they use? Or if musicians don't acknowledge their inspiration? amirite?

Politics
2 4

No. Is it plagiarism if I don't mention the type of paper or pencil I use? It's not plagiarism if a musician doesn't acknowledge their inspiration because they are not taking their music or work and presenting it as their own. It is plagiarism if the artist (music and visual art) takes another artists song and presents it as their own.

The stupidity of this post just astounds me.

are you fucking kidding me? Those artists use their own creativity to create original (inspiration being irrelevant) pieces of work, plagiarism is copy pasting that original work

is it plagurism if a celebrity takes a copyrighted picture of themselves off the internet to use a background?