+430

Waving is really strange as a greeting when you think about it. Who was the first person to think "Hey, it's my friend! I know, I'll shake my hand frantically in the air. They'll know what it means," amirite?

Sinners avatar
25 6
The voters have decided that Sinner is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

waving attracts attention, attention initiates interaction therefore waving initiates interaction. It's not a big leap from 'I want to interact' to 'hello'.

Saigots avatar Saigot No Way +13Reply

I never wave at my friends, i use a complex system of whistling and smoke signals, that way, all my friends know i am ready to get my freak on.

lol most of these "first person to blah blah blah" are really annoying but this one made me laugh :D

mylifeisflys avatar mylifeisfly Yeah You Are +1Reply
@1128229

You make a lot of stolen joke posts. And all at the same time. That's been old for ages, but I've never said a word about it.

Sinners avatar Sinner Yeah You Are +2Reply
@1128229

would you like some ice for that burn? oh wait... thats old too.