+2,294

It must be awkward for other people named Harry in the wizarding world.... "Hi, I'm Harry!" "HARRY POTTER?" "Ummmm, no..." amirite?

Gladadss avatar Books
160 99
The voters have decided that Gladads is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

"Hi! I'm Harry!"

"Gross, dude. tmi."

"No, wait! WAIT!"

@Shadi "Hi! I'm Harry!" "Gross, dude. tmi." "No, wait! WAIT!"

(Chauncy Pickles): My first "pre-POTD" comment on a post!

@1153713

I didn't reply to myself. I replied to my comment.

"Harry Potter?"
"Well, I guess I do like making pots and I haven't shaved in a few days, but geez man."

Well that's why he named his son Albus Serverus, to avoid anymore of that repeat name awkwardness.

Or being a muggle-born with a last name like Black.

Ariodantes avatar Ariodante Yeah You Are +55Reply
@Ariodante Or being a muggle-born with a last name like Black.

Exhibit A: Rebecca Black.

She is part mermaid on her mother's side, which explains why she can't sing on dry land.

I always wondered how Ron knew the first day, when Harry just introduced himself as "Harry", that it was Harry Potter. I mean, it would be a little awkward if it wasn't Harry Potter.

PinkSponges avatar PinkSponge Yeah You Are +47Reply
@Chromana The scar?

But Ron said, (roughly quoting) "Harry...Potter?" And Harry said, "Yeah." and Ron pointed to his forehead and said, "Can I see?"

PinkSponges avatar PinkSponge Yeah You Are +39Reply
@PinkSponge But Ron said, (roughly quoting) "Harry...Potter?" And Harry said, "Yeah." and Ron pointed to his forehead and said...

Yeah I guess but I assume that he caught a glimpse of it at some point and was asking for a closer look.

@Chromana Yeah I guess but I assume that he caught a glimpse of it at some point and was asking for a closer look.

I just reread that part of the book, and I realized that up there I was quoting the movie. :P In the book, Fred and George see his scar, and then tell Ron about it, and Ron knows before they meet who he is. :)

PinkSponges avatar PinkSponge Yeah You Are +41Reply

Yeah, and people named Voldemort.

Baconnoisseurs avatar Baconnoisseur Yeah You Are +36Reply

He's Harry Freakin' Potter! He's the man :D

@Gleek He's Harry Freakin' Potter! He's the man :D

Like Betty Crocker! I'm gonna eat you up!

StripedElfSockss avatar StripedElfSocks Yeah You Are +6Reply
@StripedElfSocks Like Betty Crocker! I'm gonna eat you up!

And that coming from the girl who played his girlfriend in AVPM... o_O

hotwiredTARDISs avatar hotwiredTARDIS Yeah You Are +3Reply

We don't prefer Gandalf, Merlin, or Oz.

You think it sucks for them?

@You think it sucks for them?

That's what I was going to say. I'd totally go with it if I were them. "Yeah, that's right! I'm THE Harry Potter! Yeah... killed Voldemort as a baby and all. Yep, I know, I'm awesome... What? Oh the scar? Yeah, I got it removed with Wizard Plastic Surgery..."

bluegoddesss avatar bluegoddess Yeah You Are +42Reply
@Im_so_bored_so_bye Thanks

? you're going Anonymous now?

Miss_Potters avatar Miss_Potter Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Miss_Potter ? you're going Anonymous now?

to add the name. Saying "You think it sucks for them?" As a muggle named voldemort

It sucks for us muggles named Harry too. Constantly getting stopped at airports since our brooms don't fly, can't cast a spell on people who say "omg are you Harry Potter?". Unfair on so many levels.

armtheangelss avatar armtheangels Yeah You Are +13Reply

"I'm just Harry!"

Slendermans avatar Slenderman Yeah You Are +12Reply

It must be awkward to be a Greek god on Mt Olympos, because people always mistake them for me

To be fair Harry's really the only one with a normal name besides the Weasleys

Kiwimango9s avatar Kiwimango9 Yeah You Are +8Reply
@Kiwimango9 To be fair Harry's really the only one with a normal name besides the Weasleys

As opposed to Hannah, Justin, Collin, Oliver, Angelina, Susan, Vincent, Gabrielle, Anthony, Gregory, Lee, Ernie, Natalie, Peter, Stan, Bob, James, Lily, Alicia, Dean, Ted, Emmeline, Stan etc ...

@FreeMustacheRides (Your+name+(optional)): Well, EMMELINE is a bit of a stretch.

I don't know anyone named Ernie either xD and kiwimango, OBVIOUSLY the person was talking about main characters. Most of us normal people don't obcess over every word of the book and memorize extremely minor characters that were mention once or twice in thousands of pages xD

@Agent_Michael_Scarn James, Lily, and Peter were definitely mentioned more than once or twice.

What about Bob though? I've read all the books many types and I don't remember any Bobs at all.

Emperorerrors avatar Emperorerror Yeah You Are +1Reply

Okay, that's just PEACHY. but like I said, I don't obcess over it(: and sure if you want to be EXACT, it probably was 1 or 2 more times than twice xD god I didn't think it mattered that much.... lmao

The weirder names are from old English literature (Hermione), Greek mythology (Andromeda), translations from different languages (Voldemort), stuff like that.

No, is it today?

Gladadss avatar Gladads Yeah You Are 0Reply
@1153233

Says the person who overused "Not many comments on the POTD."

@NoSoapRadio In what way is that at all relevant?

"Harry Potter is getting old and overrated. Can the world as a whole move on?"

The "not many comments on the POTD" was getting old and completely overrated. Even though we are deleting the comments now, people still do it. Can the world as a whole move on?

@1153234

All's fair in first commenting.

@1153233

y smilie for the hebrew translation of "POTD"

@1153233

You guys are all still addicted to Harry Potter? Sad...

@NoSoapRadio You guys are all still addicted to Harry Potter? Sad...

Were you trying to support your comment with a fake anon or were you actually talking to someone other than yourself?

@Christ_Jesus I agree it's kinda getting old

I think they can officially get over it when the next Harry Potter movie comes out, after that then it's just over-kill.

Moonfang66s avatar Moonfang66 Yeah You Are -6Reply

There's a Harry Potter ad right under this post!

@There's a Harry Potter ad right under this post!

NO FREAKING WAY. Cause you know, computers don't automatically process the content of what you're reading and show related ads or anything...

Ermm .. did this get homepaged again? How did that happen?

Why do some posts get homepaged again...

GiggityGoo22s avatar GiggityGoo22 Yeah You Are 0Reply

Are you watching the ABC Family Harry Potter Weekend? h smilie

@open_mind_open_soul When is it on??

It was on last weekednd. They had interviews with the cast and sneek peeks of DH part 2. Can't wait!!

@open_mind_open_soul Aw, I missed it!

Harry Potter Weekend is literally every weekend

Dwights avatar Dwight Yeah You Are +74Reply
@Dwight Harry Potter Weekend is literally every weekend

Yeah. And I'm busy like every weekend except the on I posted this at :/. And no, I'm not bragging about my social life. I'm referring to my abundance of AP homework and competitions.

who's harry potter?

Not every wizard named Harry has a fuckin lightening shaped scar on his forehead

@ImTheRealShady Not every wizard named Harry has a fuckin lightening shaped scar on his forehead

Well, Maybe little wizarding children named harry like to trip into the corner of tables.

EVER THINK ABOUT THAT!? Haha, lol, I really don't care that much.

All the cool kidz do
And all the cool kidz use s's as z's. Like a cool kid.

Fuckin harry potter..

@sonofposeidon Fuckin harry potter..

That IS one of my favorite pastimes... hmm smilie

SEXY_BEASTs avatar SEXY_BEAST Yeah You Are +80Reply
@SEXY_BEAST That IS one of my favorite pastimes...

I've heard he ahem carries a large wand hello smilie

FlyingGuineaPigs avatar FlyingGuineaPig Yeah You Are +53Reply
@FlyingGuineaPig I've heard he ahem carries a large wand

11 inches, and I do believe the book described it as "nice and supple."

Oh believe me, he does, I've watch him a few times in the bushes.

I have nothing against him, I was just kinda jokin