+178

True love stories don't have endings, amirite?

Someone_you_dont_knows avatar
9 8
The voters have decided that Someone_you_dont_know is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

What about when the people die?

KoollooK9999s avatar KoollooK9999 Yeah You Are +5Reply
@KoollooK9999 What about when the people die?

It sounds so dramatic when you read it twice..

That's why I said most. Of course not everyone believes that, but plenty of people must since they make it a point, even a decent amount of Christians, to bury a husband and wife in side-by-side graves. Aside from being more convenient to visit both at the same location, why else would people do such a thing?

StacytheHarlots avatar StacytheHarlot Yeah You Are +1Reply

Even if you don't believe in an afterlife, I think most people who believe in true love agree that the love lives on despite death.

StacytheHarlots avatar StacytheHarlot Yeah You Are -1Reply

Actually not really, since even the Christian marriage asks "...till death do you part?"

I think it's perfectly alright for love to end, it doesn't make it less "true". I think it's a bit dramatic to say it wasn't true if it only lasted for X amount of time.

Runys avatar Runy No Way +4Reply

Stories end. True love does not. "And they lived on together happily for the rest of their lives" is not really an ending to the love but to a story, which is acceptable.