+618

Hipsters probably love Rebecca Black...it's too mainstream to hate her, amirite?

hungryhungryhippocrites avatar Music
14 37
The voters have decided that hungryhungryhippocrite is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

It is definitely a bad song, but she's only 13 years old. Honestly, i think she is really brave for actually taking a risk and recording it and everything; not to mention the fact that she faced the incredibly harsh criticism on youtube (people telling her to go cut herself, get an eating disorder, and commit suicide by slitting her wrists). She's not a good singer, but people shouldn't be so hard on a 13 year old girl.

Still hate the song though, don't get me wrong

sips starbucks

@OnePenguin sips starbucks

That's too mainstream.
sips coffee brand that is only available in the deep rain forests in South America

so true...

such a bad song

@God such a bad song

So hath God proclaimed, so it 'tis.

@Tempest_Trance So hath God proclaimed, so it 'tis.

And its a horrible song. Auto tune can't even help her.

How dare you use improper grammar in God's presence! However, God IS also exemplifying the use of fragments, the lack of placement of apostrophes, and the lack of placement of hyphens, which is altogether worse than your offense. But I wasn't ready to correct GOD, today...

Psst... "'Tis" is already a contraction of "it is." So, if you say "so it 'tis," you would be saying "so it it is."

@FreeMustacheRides How dare you use improper grammar in God's presence! However, God IS also exemplifying the use of fragments, the...

Knew it sounded wrong...but 'tis sounds cooler, so I let it be. I apologize to you for my use of improper grammar, God Almighty. And to you, o' mustached rabbit.

Alas, there are few real hipsters in Iowa.

@Alas, there are few real hipsters in Iowa.

ME :D

well not really. Calling myself a hipster is totally unhipster

@animatedrouge2 ME :D well not really. Calling myself a hipster is totally unhipster

Ah. The people I'm around here are just now getting into bands like LCD Soundsystem. Hell, I don't even considered myself remotely hipster, and I've been into them since 2006.

@Ah. The people I'm around here are just now getting into bands like LCD Soundsystem. Hell, I don't even...

The two electronic hipsterish bands I don't like are LCD Soundsystem and Passion Pit. I like more recent "hipster" bands like Foster the People (by the way check them out. Amazing.)

@animatedrouge2 The two electronic hipsterish bands I don't like are LCD Soundsystem and Passion Pit. I like more recent "hipster"...

Oh, yeah, my brother told me about them a couple weeks ago. Do you read Gorilla vs. Bear?

And that is why she is now in my iTunes

@LaurenZie

Really? You're an asshole. Why would you put me down like that?

@animatedrouge2 Really? You're an asshole. Why would you put me down like that?

Because I feel like it. Jesus Christ, what the hell happened to freedom of speech?

@LaurenZie Because I feel like it. Jesus Christ, what the hell happened to freedom of speech?

God screw you. And screw your family too. You are such an inconsiderate douche-waffle

@animatedrouge2 God screw you. And screw your family too. You are such an inconsiderate douche-waffle

Screw you! You’re the one who started the damned argument. I just posted a response, then you get defensive and start calling names! Asshat!

@LaurenZie Screw you! You’re the one who started the damned argument. I just posted a response, then you get defensive and...

Just so everyone is aware, this comment chain is a joke that we were both in on. Polarthebear, however, just kind of jumped in there...